Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday- "The Coldest Girl in Coldtown" by Holly Black

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.

This week's WoW selection is:

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Date: September 3, 2013
Pages: 432

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black

I know this book has been making the WoW rounds- but you can't blame me for adding it to my TBR list. I'd add it for the title alone but the description is also pretty awesome. Even better, I only have to wait about two weeks to buy it.


speculatef said...

I've been excited about this for ages!! A friend of mine was lovely enough to grab me an ARC from BEA, so exciting :D

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
Check out what I'm waiting on!

Blodeuedd said...

Freaky, I like it

Kaitlin Snider said...

I've heard good things about this! This will probably turn out to be the first Holly Black book I read.

My WoW: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-damselfly-by.html

Tanja - Tanychy said...

This one was my pick last week and I'm seriously dying to read it. I mean it sounds fantastic! Great pick :)

Here is our WOW

Kristen Williams said...

I love the cover of this one and I really enjoyed Black's Curseworker series. I hope you read this soon and enjoy it!

My Friends Are Fiction's Waiting on Wednesday

andiabcs.com said...

I actually just read my first Holly Black about a month ago. I had no idea she had something new coming out.

WoW Book

Olena P said...

This one is on my list as well. I cannot wait to read it. Great pick!

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-better-spirits/

Rebecca Lockhart said...

I am so excited for this book! I've heard so many good things about it already and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Great pick!

My WoW

Kirsty-Marie Jones said...

Great choice! I couldn't get my hands on a copy, but I've pre-ordered it, heard a lot of good things about it.

Here's mine

Kirsty @ StudioReads

Krystianna said...

Awesome choice! I haven't read anything by Holly Black before though I'm really excited for this one. I've heard some pretty good things about it already too!

Charles Gramlich said...

Does sound pretty original