Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming books.

This week's WoW selection is:

The Falconer by Elizabeth May

Release Date: (UK publication September 19, 2013; US publication approx May, 2014)
Publisher: Gollancz (UK); Chronicle (US)
Pages: 368

Heiress. Debutant. Murderer. A new generation of heroines has arrived.

Edinburgh, Scotland, 1844

18-year-old Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined to a life carefully planned around Edinburgh’s social events – right up until a faery kills her mother.

Now it’s the 1844 winter season. Between a seeming endless number of parties, Aileana slaughters faeries in secret. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, every night she sheds her aristocratic facade and goes hunting. She’s determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city’s many dark alleyways.

But she never even considered that she might become attracted to one. To the magnetic Kiaran MacKay, the faery who trained her to kill his own kind. Nor is she at all prepared for the revelation he’s going to bring. Because Midwinter is approaching, and with it an eclipse that has the ability to unlock a Fae prison and begin the Wild Hunt.

A battle looms, and Aileana is going to have to decide how much she’s willing to lose – and just how far she’ll go to avenge her mother’s murder.

I hesitated at first to list this title because of the uncertain US release date-- but I love the description too much not to share. I hope I don't actually have to wait a year to read this!


Emily Anne said...

Oooh, this was my WOW a few weeks back! Great choice :) And, I know! The release date is so far away...

Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

Courtney Ann said...

I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of this book back when I heard about it in 2012. So excited for it's release!

Courtney Ann @ Rondo of a Possible World
Waiting on Wednesday

Blodeuedd said...

It does sound really cool! Poor fairies though

Kate Phillips said...

Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

my WOW and giveaway

Charles Gramlich said...

I like that cover quite a lot.

Maurice Mitchell said...

It sounds steampunk- tastic!

Bonnie R said...

Goodness, I didn't realize we had so long to wait for this one! This one sure sounds great though. Thanks for sharing!
My Wow Pick!

Bob Milne said...

Quite different, but I like it - sounds like an exciting read.


Micheline D said...

YES! This sounds SO awesome, I am definitely waiting right alongside you for this one :D Great pick, thanks for sharing!!

HUGE fellow sci-fi and fantasy lover here, so I'm now following via GFC, RSS, NB & Bloglovin' ♥
Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows