Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday- "Apocalypse Cow" by Michael Logan

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming titles.

This week's WoW selection is:

Apocalypse Cow by Michael Logan
Publisher: St. Martin Griffin
Date: May 21, 2013
Pages: 352

If you think you've seen it all -- WORLD WAR Z, THE WALKING DEAD-- you haven't seen anything like this. From the twisted brain of Michael Logan comes Apocalypse Cow, a story about three unlikely heroes who must save Britain . . . from a rampaging horde of ZOMBIE COWS!

Forget the cud. They want blood.

It began with a cow that just wouldn't die. It would become an epidemic that transformed Britain's livestock into sneezing, slavering, flesh-craving four-legged zombies.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the fate of the nation seems to rest on the shoulders of three unlikely heroes: an abattoir worker whose love life is non-existent thanks to the stench of death that clings to him, a teenage vegan with eczema and a weird crush on his maths teacher, and an inept journalist who wouldn't recognize a scoop if she tripped over one.

As the nation descends into chaos, can they pool their resources, unlock a cure, and save the world?

Three losers.
Overwhelming odds.
One outcome . . .

Yup, we're screwed.


Oh my god. Zombie cows? And that title- I'd pick this for the name alone. 

8 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

LOL! Yes sounds cool

Charles Gramlich said...

Interesting differences between us. Based just on the title there would be NO way I'd read this book.

SQT said...

@Charles- Really? I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Dani Chapman said...

Great pick and I hope you enjoy it! Happy Reading! My WOW and be sure to enter the Bloglovin’ Giveaway!

Charles Gramlich said...

I think the problem with the title for me is that it suggests a total farce and I'm not really a fan of that kind of humor. when I do read farce it's only in very short doses.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Hahaha, this reminds me of the movie "Black sheep" about zombie sheeps.

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Pabkins said...

Zombie cows oh jeez I have to freaking read this!

Maurice Mitchell said...

"Forget the cud. They want blood." LOL Brilliant