Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.

This week's WoW selection is:

Bronze Gods (An Apparatus Infernum Novel) by A.A. Aguirre

Danger stalks the city of steam and shadows.

Janus Mikani and Celeste Ritsuko work all hours in the Criminal Investigation Division, keeping citizens safe. He’s a charming rogue with an uncanny sixth sense; she’s all logic—and the division’s first female inspector. Between his instincts and her brains, they collar more criminals than any other partnership in the CID.

Then they’re assigned a potentially volatile case in which one misstep could end their careers. At first, the search for a missing heiress seems straightforward, but when the girl is found murdered—her body charred to cinders—Mikani and Ritsuko’s modus operandi is challenged as never before. It soon becomes clear the bogeyman has stepped out of nightmares to stalk gaslit streets, and it’s up to them to hunt him down. There’s a madman on the loose, weaving blood and magic in an intricate, lethal ritual that could mean the end of everything…


I'm intrigued by this title for a couple of reasons: first, A.A. Aguirre is a pseudonym for the husband and wife team of Ann and Andres Aguirre-- and after loving the books written by the husband/wife team of Ilona Andrews, I'm all set to expect good things from this pairing (especially since Ann Aguirre already has a track record as a pretty good writer); secondly, Steampunk! (I know it's everywhere these days, but I still love it).

10 comments:

Jamie Gibbs said...

Looks pretty good to me! I'm all game to up my steampunk intake; I'll put in on my wishlist :)

Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

FourDivergent said...

Not familiar with this author but this book sounds really good. Happy reading :)

http://theparanormaladdictionbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2272013.html

Bob Milne said...

Sounds like an interesting read - steampunk does seem to be everywhere these days but, when done well, it's still a great read.

Here's my WOW

thebookhoarderblog said...

I just added this one to my wishlist not that long ago. It sounds so good.

ediFanoB said...

I just ordered a paperback copy in advance - expected delivery date is begin of May.

I really like to see that the number of steampunk books is growing.

taichungbookworm said...

I'm patiently waiting for steampunk to get tired and played out but happily it never seems to happen. Will add this one to the reading list :)

Pabkins said...

Oh jeez this sounds awesome! I was just thinking of reading Grimspace yesterday!
Adding this one now.

Bonnie R said...

I'm not a huge fan of steampunk but I will definitely be picking this one up. Ann Aguirre is such an amazing author that I know this will be fabulous. Great pick!
My WoW Pick!

Taylorama said...

It's hard not to be prejudiced by the cool book cover, but that looks intriguing.

"I wear a bowler hat now. Bowler hats are cool." - Janus Mikani

David said...

I was going to say the cover is the draw for me. John Steed and Emma Peel do steampunk!