Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.

This week's WoW selection is:

Fuse (The Pure Trilogy) by Julianna Baggot
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Date: February 19, 2013
Pages: 408

We want our son returned.

This girl is proof that we can save you all. If you ignore our plea, we will kill our hostages one at a time.

To be a Pure is to be perfect, untouched by Detonations that scarred the earth, and sheltered inside the paradise that is the Dome. But Partridge escaped to the outside world, where Wretches struggle to survive amid smoke and ash. Now, at the command of Partridge's father, the Dome is unleashing nightmare after nightmare upon the Wretches in an effort to get him back.

At Partridge's side is a small band of those united against the Dome: Lyda, the warrior; Bradwell, the revolutionary; El Capitan, the guard; and Pressia, the young woman whose mysterious past ties her to Partridge in ways she never could have imagined. Long ago a plan was hatched that could mean the earth's ultimate doom. Now only Partridge and Pressia can set things right.


To save millions of innocent lives, Partridge must risk his own by returning to the Dome and facing his most terrifying challenge. And Pressia, armed only with a mysterious Black Box containing a set of cryptic clues, must travel to the very ends of the earth, to a place where no map can guide her. If they succeed, the world will be saved. But should they fail, humankind will pay a terrible price . . .


Even though "Pure" is still on my to-be-finished list, I'm already anticipating this sequel. If you're looking for some well developed dystopian YA-- this is your series.

9 comments:

Jelly said...

The cover is beautiful!!! This series sounds so interesting, I'll definitely look into Pure. Thanks for sharing! :)Here's my WoW
-Jelly

Jenea Whittington said...

It sounds great. This is one series that I would like to start. Nice pick.

Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Bob Milne said...

I've never really found any appeal in the YA genre, but this does sound interesting.

My WOW this week has a touch of Indiana Jones and Michael Crichton to it!

Ankita Singhal said...

Cover looks very pretty!!!

Gr8 pick

Check out mine
http://booklokcoffee.blogspot.in/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Becky said...

I don't think I have heard of this series before. Better check it out. I love the cover.

My WoW

Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

Charles Gramlich said...

I like some of that kind of thing for sure.

Martina Koleva said...

I haven't read book one but I have it on my to-read list and I would love to give it a try. I hope you enjoy reading this one. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Danica Page said...

I actually haven't read the first one yet, but now I really want to. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine so check it out

~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

Howard Sherman said...

There's a lot to capture interest here. Color me interested!