Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming book releases.

This week's Waiting on Wednesday selection is:

Blood Oranges By Kathleen Tierney
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: Roc
Pages: 288

My name’s Quinn.

If you buy into my reputation, I’m the most notorious demon hunter in New England. But rumors of my badassery have been slightly exaggerated. Instead of having kung-fu skills and a closet full of medieval weapons, I’m an ex-junkie with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time. Or the right place at the wrong time. Or…whatever.

Wanted for crimes against inhumanity I (mostly) didn’t commit, I was nearly a midnight snack for a werewolf until I was “saved” by a vampire calling itself the Bride of Quiet. Already cursed by a werewolf bite, the vamp took a pint out of me too.

So now…now, well, you wouldn’t think it could get worse, but you’d be dead wrong.


Normally I might not necessarily highlight "Blood Oranges" as WoW title, writing it off as another vampire/werewolf bit of paranormal fiction in a genre littered with books just like it. But as Kathleen Tierney is actually a pseudonym for author Caitlin R. Kiernan I'm immediately intrigued. Kiernan has written some excellent fantasy fiction in the past and I have high hopes that "Blood Oranges" will show similar depth and imagination as her previous books. 

13 comments:

Maria Behar said...

Hi, there!

Oh, I'm definitely intrigued! I'm a longtime fan of paranormal fiction (romance, mostly) and urban fantasy. So this one is definitely right up my alley! Although I've never heard of this author before (either with her real name or her pseudonym), it sure looks like she's an interesting writer. So this book is going right onto my Goodreads TBR shelf. Thanks for featuring it!! : )

Blodeuedd said...

Interesting. I have not read Kiernan's work before but...yes intriguing

Danica Page said...

This one sounds really intriguing. I always mean to read more books from this genre.

Thanks for sharing!

Here's mine

~Danica Page
Taking it One Page at a Time

Tabby @Insightful Minds said...

Well yes please! :) I will def be looking into this one :)

-Tabby @Insightful Minds Reviews
-Check out my Waiting on Wednesday :)

Ivana said...

Wow, that synopsis sounds amazing! Adding to my tbr list :)
Here is my WoW .

Bob Milne said...

Sounds like an interesting book, although I find it strange that she lists both names on the cover. )

I went with a little hard sci-fi for my WOW.

Jenea Whittington said...

This sounds like it will be great. Nice pick.


Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Divergent Gryffindor said...

Great choice, seems really intersting, but not really my type of read... Anyway, happy reading! :D

What I'm Waiting for this Wednesday
Cover Love Mondays
Review: Pushing the Limits

Charles Gramlich said...

Great title!

Kate said...

Great choice, I can't wait for this one either!

my WOW and international giveaway

Tribute Books Mama said...

Good pick.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh that's a nice little tidbit, the pseudonym. Thanks. And sounds interesting. :)

Martina Koleva said...

Sound great! I haven't seen this one before but I'm going to add it on my to-read list. Great pick and thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy reading it.
Come check out my WOW post.