Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming books.

This weeks selection is:

Between by Kerry Schafer
Publisher: Ace
Date: January 29, 2013
Pages: 304

Vivian Maylor can’t sleep. Maybe it’s because she just broke up with her boyfriend and moved to a new town, or it could be the stress of her new job at the hospital. But perhaps it’s because her dreams have started to bleed through into her waking hours.

All of her life Vivian has rejected her mother’s insane ramblings about Dreamworlds for concrete science and fact, until an emergency room patient ranting about dragons spontaneously combusts before her eyes—forcing Viv to consider the idea that her visions of mythical beasts might be real.

And when a chance encounter leads her to a man she knows only from her dreams, Vivian finds herself falling into a world that seems strange and familiar all at once—a world where the line between dream and reality is hard to determine, and hard to control…


I'm still in my urban fantasy phase, so "Between" definitely looks like a book that matches my mood right now. And the dreams-bleeding-into-real-life storyline sounds really good too. 

11 comments:

Crystal B. said...

Dragons? Yes count me in!!! I love a good fantasy! Great pick

Check out My WoW :D

Blodeuedd said...

I still love uf too ;)

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

LOVE this cover :)

Bob Milne said...

The leaking dreams idea sounds interesting, and the dragon bit just seals the deal!

Here's my WOW

Dragana Mitrovic said...

Didn't hear about this book or writer before but it sounds just like something I would like. Thanks for featuring it! Great pick!
Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

Tribute Books Mama said...

Nice cover and choice, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

This sounds really interesting! I love a good urban fantasy, so I think I'd really like this. Because DRAGONS! And look at the cover *__*

Books of Amber

Martina Koleva said...

I haven't heard of this book before but I really like the sound of it and I would love to read it when it comes out. Thanks for sharing!
Come check out my WOW post.

Goldilox said...

I'm on the blog tour for this in January and I'm super excited to read it!!! :)

Goldilox's WoW!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I saw this one not to long ago as well, it does look like a good one. :) Great pick. Hope you enjoy it if you get it.

Chapter by Chapter said...

This is new to me, and it looks and sounds pretty awesome! Love the cover, and I'm totally going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
Our WoW