Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore
Publisher: Daw
Date: February 5, 2012
Pages: 304

Necromancer is such an ugly word, but it's a title Eric Carter is stuck with. 


He sees ghosts, talks to the dead. He’s turned it into a lucrative career putting troublesome spirits to rest, sometimes taking on even more dangerous things. For a fee, of course.

When he left L.A. fifteen years ago he thought he’d never go back. Too many bad memories. Too many people trying to kill him.

But now his sister’s been brutally murdered and Carter wants to find out why.

Was it the gangster looking to settle a score? The ghost of a mage he killed the night he left town? Maybe it’s the patron saint of violent death herself, Santa Muerte, who’s taken an unusually keen interest in him.

Carter’s going to find out who did it and he’s going to make them pay.

As long as they don’t kill him first.


I can't actually claim to be "waiting" on this title because I got the ARC in the mail today. But I'm in an urban fantasy mood and this book is going right to the top of my TBR list. I've heard good things about Blackmoore's last book, City of the Lost, so I'm betting on "Dead Things" to be on a lot of 'must read' lists. 

8 comments:

MissKimberlyStardust said...

OOh a friend and I were just talking about this book today. I think it looks great :) Awesome pick!
Check out my WoW post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Jamie Gibbs said...

This sounds pretty cool, I like it :) UF gangster necromancy is good in my books :)

Jamie

SQT said...

I've already started reading it, and I gotta say, it's good so far!

Kate said...

Great choice, it looks good!

my WOW and international giveaway

lsmurphy.com said...

Great pick. Love the cover.

Chapter by Chapter said...

I love stories with Necromancers! This is the first I've heart of this one, but I'm def. going to check it out! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
Our WoW!

Tribute Books Mama said...

Nice choice, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ooo, sounds great! And one to keep an eye out for. :) Hope you get and love it. :) Thank you!