Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trailer: Medal of Honor - Warfighter

I was a big fan of the first few Medal of Honor games (PS1) and thought it reached it's pinnacle with Frontline on the PS2, and haven't really felt the need to play more games in this series since then. Modern warfare games can be hit and miss for me - I did enjoy SOCOM, but wasn't as taken with what I played of Call of Duty (Modern Warfare), and the description as FPS meets Michael Bay movie doesn't actually help. But I still find myself drawn to Medal of Honor, especially this one with it's FIFA like "play for your home country" team spirit in online matches. The single player story seems to follow a soldier and his team trying to take down a terrorist cell that also involves pirates and other timely headlines, not to mention the potentially controversial move to bring in levels based around the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. Perhaps I'm just odd, but I actually found that kind of appealing. The game comes out Oct. 23rd.

No comments: