Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

This is a blog meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.
This week's selection is:

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Publisher: Razorbill
Date: December 11, 2012
Pages: 400

Sixteen-year-old Cleo has grown up in luxury, the royal heiress to a prosperous kingdom. But beneath her nation’s seemingly peaceful surface lies dangerous unrest. Whispers of war are growing ever louder—intensified by a murderous incident for which Cleo’s betrothed, Aron, is accused.

Amidst the ongoing intrigue, Cleo has a more desperate mission. She defies her father’s orders and sets off on a secret and perilous journey into a neighboring country, seeking a magic long thought to be mythical. If it’s real, it could be the cure that heals her ailing sister. If it’s only legend, Cleo will be stranded in a kingdom that has just declared war on her own.

This sensational series debut melds intricate storylines with unforgettable characters and vibrantly imagined magic. Falling Kingdoms is ideal for fans of Kristin Cashore, Cinda Williams Chima, and George R.R. Martin.


I knew as soon as I saw the cover of this book that it was going to make my WoW list-- isn't it gorgeous? Though I am a bit baffled that it is drawing comparisons to Kristin Cashore AND George R.R. Martin- they're not authors I'd usually put together in the same sentence. We'll see...

15 comments:

Vanya D. said...

Well, I haven't heard of this one before, and the cover looks pretty nice, so I might just check it out :) Thanks for sharing!

New follower on Networked Blogs! ;)

Stop by my WOW and follow back?

thepamjelly said...

Ohh, I haven't heard of this one! It sounds very interesting. Great pick, thanks for sharing!

Pam | jelly loves books

Edward Alonzo said...

I've never heard of this book before. It sounds great and interesting. I will definitely add it on my TBR. Thanks for sharing. :)

My WoW Post

Spaz said...

Great looking cover!

Book Sake said...

New to me and I love the sound of it. Gotta add this to the TBR list, thanks!

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Bob Milne said...

Cashore and Martin is a weird combination, but this sounds like an intriguing start to a new series. Count me in!

Here's my WOW

lovestoread0708 said...

Doesn't sound like my kind of read.. But I love the cover!

Check out my WoW post!

Aleksandra Dobnikar said...

It appears like a great fantasy book - I don't read much of those, at least not in the typical sense. (:

Aleksandra and her WoW

Majanka said...

I guess it could be a mix between Kristen Cashore and George R.R. Martin...Gracelings stuck in the middle of a Game of Thrones, with an army of Others, and Monsters approaching a wall...Or something along those lines.

I only now realized that when you cross those two books, you get a very interesting mix!

Check out my WOW post.

Maria said...

Haven't heard of this book before but the cover is fantastic! I love George RR Martin so I might have to give this book a try.

Here's my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/7h8vbb5

Theresa Lucas said...

You have a good point- and an even better imagination.

bibliothec said...

I'll agree that you don't usually see Cashore and Martin in the same comparison, but then again that could make this even more interesting than it looks! I love both authors and I'm always willing to pick up a new fantasy read, so I'm sure I'll read this one as well.

My WoW: http://wp.me/pwvYa-9D

- Sarah @ Breaking the Binding

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

The cover doesn't work now, but I do know what it looks like and I love it! :) It sounds like a really good book, so nice pick!

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-11-lara-avery.html

Tribute Books Mama said...

Enjoy! your pick, great cover.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

Allison said...

I think I may pick up this book just for the cover! It is beautiful.

Allison (Geek Banter)