Monday, December 26, 2011

Movie Trailer: Men in Black 3

I don't believe this trailer is here yet, so here's a movie I've been excited about since before it was ever announced:



My analysis of the trailer: the same kind of movie as the second, with perhaps a little less blacksploitation, but clearly not as dark as the first film either. Tommy Lee Jones is clearly barely going to be in it, which is very disappointing, but just as clearly he showed up in the studio so I imagine it has more to do with Captain America or some other film in production than an unwillingness to return to the franchise, which speaks a little bit of good for the movie. Despite this, I'm a huge Men in Black fan and a huge Will Smith fan, so I'm willing to give this movie a shot and hope that they do away with the obligatory "time traveling Will hits on his own future mom" scene that has been a genre cliche ever since Back to the Future. What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

Linds said...

I'm looking forward to it and my husband seems interested (he's not the biggest movie fan), so I might actually go see it in theaters. I saw both of the others, and the trailer looks promising. It'll be interesting to see how the work the time travel.

SQT said...

I like the MIB series but I'll probably wait for it to come to video before I see it. Josh Brolin looks like he does a very convincing Tommy Lee Jones.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll probably give it a watch. I liked 1 a lot. 2 was kind of forgettable.

animewookie said...

Yay!!! I'm very excited. Thanks for the trailer, I hadn't seen it. Happy Holidays :D

Michael Offutt, Supra-Genius said...

I've seen all of these films. I'll be looking for lots of surprising twists and turns and cleverness that has to do with the aliens.

Fritz "Doc" Freakenstein said...

At least this film isn’t a near-clone of the first MIB, which was why MIB 2 was largely uninteresting. Still, I do love Tommy Lee Jones’ Agent K and will miss him if they spend too much of the film in the past. Another reason that MIB 2 wasn’t as good as the original is that Agent K doesn’t appear until about a third into the movie – and then it takes some more time for him to get his mojo back. Still, even after ten years, it’s good to have the Men In Black back!