Sunday, July 25, 2010

Making the Rounds..."Priest" Trailer

Not sure what to think yet-- but at least the monsters are monsters.
A post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller, is set in an alternate world -- one ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires. The story revolves around a legendary Warrior Priest (Paul Bettany) from the last Vampire War who now lives in obscurity among the other downtrodden human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities ruled by the Church. When his niece (Lily Collins) is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires, Priest breaks his sacred vows to venture out on a quest to find her before they turn her into one of them. He is joined on his crusade by his niece's boyfriend (Cam Gigandet), a trigger-fingered young wasteland sheriff, and a former Warrior Priestess (Maggie Q) who possesses otherworldly fighting skills.

Priest Trailer
Uploaded by teasertrailer. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

4 comments:

BStearns said...

I'm with you, not quite sure what to make of it. If those crazy things were the vampires, would be pretty cool. It's time to take the vampire back!

-Bryan
www.sff-hub.com

SQT said...

BStearns-- I am somewhat interested because it has Paul Bettany-- I like him for some reason. But the CGI looks kind of sketchy, so we'll see.

Smirking Revenge said...

Yes, but as much as I love Paul Bettany he was also in Legion which was fairly horrible (and the director is the same one from that film). Still I like the dystopian thing and it has Karl Urban in it along with Stephen Moyer and the cutie that played James from Twilight (I had to look that last one up though).

But what kind of bugs me is how much they changed it from the comic. It looks like a vampire vs humans sort of film instead of fallen angels, zombies and other beasties. *shrug* Knowing me I will probably go and see it anyway.

Charles Gramlich said...

Vamps show no sign of slowing down I see.