Wednesday, January 06, 2010

**NSFW** "Kick Ass" Hit Girl Trailer-- Disturbing?

**Language and violence warning** There's a trailer that has been making the rounds, though I've only become aware of it over the last day or so, for the April release of a movie called Kick Ass. Synopsis The plot of Kick-Ass concerns a teenage boy, Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), who decides to become a real-life superhero after being inspired by the heroes of comic books. He soon encounters a mysterious vigilante called Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage), and his daughter Hit-Girl (Chloƫ Moretz), who are working to bring down the local drug baron Frank D'Amico. That sounds harmless enough until you see the trailer, and then it hits you that this is kind of demented. Maybe I'm getting old, but seeing a little girl, not much older than my daughter, use really profane language and commit extreme violence is kind of cringe worthy. I bet this is how some parents felt when The Exorcist was released.

9 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

That is sure pretty disturbing

furiousBall said...

I love it, I'm all over that flick!

T.D. Newton said...

I am neither appalled nor disturbed by it; I just think it's funny.

Scott Marlowe said...

Disturbing... and ridiculous. No super powers, except she can dodge bullets, perform acrobatics as if she's an Olympian gymnast, and what a mouth. The language doesn't bother me, though you have to wonder what sort of message this will send to the young'uns.

Charles Gramlich said...

OK, I thought I'd seen everything. I'm feeling a bit weirded out right now.

Christine Purcell said...

That's pretty messed up. It's kind of morbid to have a kid shooting and chopping people. All I can think of is my son seeing part of this and crying "Why did she do that?"

Mike Johnstone said...

That is hilarious! What deliciously witty stuff. (The music that starts playing while she bounces off walls and dodges bullets is just ... perfectly silly.)

Clearly this film is satire, no?

Stewart Sternberg said...

An open letter to God

THANK YOU FOR THIS MOVIE

SQT said...

Stu...LOL!

The thing with this is that I wouldn't care if I didn't have a daughter about the age of the kid in the film. But I would die if my daughter spoke like that and she'd be mortified by the violence. So I have a hard time separating the film from reality.

That said. I kind of want to see this.