Saturday, December 19, 2009

No Malware Here...

I don't know if anyone has been getting a malware warning on my site over the last day or so, but I got one this morning when I logged on. Annoying! I had unusually little traffic on the blog yesterday and I couldn't figure out why, but when I saw that warning this morning I figured that must be the problem. Anyway, I did a site verification on google and then did a search on the site to see if I've been infected and as of right now I'm getting the 'all clear' from google. Hopefully that will clear the warnings from popping up on your computer-- I'm not getting them anymore. As far as I know, this site is clean. I also think I know what happened-- I found a piece of code in my blog html that was from some random search page. I don't even know what it is. The code was between the [head] and [body] tags in the widgets section of my blog. When it was embedded in my code, my page took forever to load. I don't know if they were attempting to do some sort of redirect-- or if they succeeded. But I, thankfully, found the code and removed it. My password is now much, much stronger and hopefully I won't get hacked again. I'm grateful (knock wood) that my whole site hasn't been corrupted.

3 comments:

wheels209 said...

Hi Theresa,
I check your blog out several times each day and never got a mail-ware warning from your site. However I did notice that your blog was very slow in loading. I do have a firewall program and everything is normal. Thank-you for letting all of us know that there may have been a problem.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe Holiday season.
Take care my friend,
Steve
wheels209

Charles Gramlich said...

So far, no malware warning.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No warning here either. Had another friend who's blog code had a little something extra included one day, so maybe that was the problem.