Thursday, November 12, 2009

Looking for Some Help in Picking the Best Book Covers...

I got a fun email from All Things Urban Fantasy asking for some nominations for the best urban fantasy book covers and I thought I'd throw the question out to the urban fantasy fans out there. Because I'm a blog owner who primarily focuses on topics related to fantasy, I get to add my 2 cents to the nominations. The problem is that my taste runs in so many directions that I'm sure I'll overlook tons of covers. Mostly, though, I think the categories are a hoot, so I'd love to see what everyone else comes up with. Nominated books must meet the following eligibility terms: 1. Have been/will be released between January 1st and December 31st of 2009 2. Categorized as Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Dark Fantasy, Paranormal YA, or contain paranormal elements • Best Foreign (non US) Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Anthology Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Partial Body Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best YA Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Chic-Lit Style Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Male Only Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Female Only Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Duo Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Male/Female with Animal Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Floating Head Cover 1. 2. 3. • Most Unique Cover 1. 2. 3. • Best Debut Cover (a new author, or a new series/standalone for an established author) 1. 2. 3. • *Best Covers in a Series (Books published prior to 2009 may be nominated) 1. 2. 3. • *Most Anticipated Cover for 2010 (published between Jan 1st and Dec 31st 2010) 1. 2. 3. Let me know if you have any nominations I can add to the list, and I'll pass them on. If you happen to be a writer and have a cover you'd like to submit-- please do!

4 comments:

Jim Haley said...

I'm not sure all of these fit their criteria, but I tried to keep it to dark fantasy and urban fantasy (YA or Adult).

Elegy Beach
Finch
Archenemy
Tempest Rising
Leviathan
Boneshaker
Santa Olivia
Ghostland
Spell Games
Eyes Like Stars
Hush Hush
Malice
The Maze Runner
The Windup Girl

SQT said...

Jim-- thanks for the help. I'll look up the covers I don't know.

Craig said...

I think Madness of Angels by Kate Griffen would be a good choice for most unique cover.

SQT said...

Craig, that is a good one. Thanks!