Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Name Remains the Same...

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like you've received a sign? Some strange occurrence, or coincidence that tells you which plan of action you should take? I think I had one of those today; albeit of a minor sort. I've been toying with the idea of changing the name of the blog-- more than toying with it in fact as is obvious by the contest I put up asking for help in picking a new name. But something happened today that changed my mind. An excerpt from one of my reviews was included in a book! Now, I'm not normally a superstitious person, but now I'm afraid to mess with the name. The funny thing is, no one told me an excerpt was going to be included in the book. I did a review of Barb Hendee's Blood Memories last year and got a nice email from the author thanking me for the nice review-- which was very cool-- and thought no more about it. This week I got a copy of the sequel, Hunting Memories, and immediately picked it up since I did enjoy the first book-- and low and behold-- there was the name of my blog! Oh my goodness, I almost feel important. Significant even. Now I can't mess with name... However, I did start a contest and I do appreciate the attempts to help me out, so I am going to continue to offer the books I had up in the previous contest only I'm going to change the structure of the contest-- just a tad. Instead of asking for a name-- or anything else-- all you have to do is enter to win 2 books from the original list and I'll pick 2 winners, first and second place. First place gets their first choice of 2 books and second place can choose from the remaining choices. Technically, I'm not supposed to have a contest this size on this page (due to advertising), though I bent the rules the first time I had this up. This time though, I need the advertising to cover shipping, so I'm going to stick with the rules and put this on my giveaway page (click here to go to official contest). So head on over to enter!

7 comments:

Ben said...

Congrats on the blurb!

Stewart Sternberg said...

I think you need to stick with the blog as it is and keep pounding away, spreading the word and trying to spread influence. This has worked...look, do you think Aint It Cool News would be wise to change it's moniker? It works. So does your blog name.

SQT said...

Ben-- thanks

Stu-- I know you're right, it's just always been a slight pet peeve. I need to spend more time on the blog really. I've had an ongoing family issue that had taken too much of my energy away. But I think it may be resolved soon and I can get back to doing something less generic around here. That would make me feel better.

DesLily said...

congrats on being mentioned!! how cool!

Nick said...

Congratulations on being quoted! Since I was one of the folks that suggested you stick with your blog's original name, can I win the contest? Hah, just kidding. Glad the title is staying the same, though!

http://nickleshi.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Cool! I'm glad it's staying the same.

Mishel said...

Still love the name <3 Congrats on the blurb btw, very cool =)