Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crunch Time...

It's that time.... Reviews are almost due and I've got my head down trying to get them done. This month is pretty good though. I'm reading a book right now that I'm really enjoying (review to follow soon) and I just received a pretty rare opportunity--one I've been trying to get for over two years now. If you're a fan of paranormal fiction, vampire fiction specifically, then you've probably heard of Charlaine Harris, author of the Sookie Stackhouse series that the TV show True Blood is based on. Whew. That's a mouthful. Anyway. I tried to get an online interview with Charlaine when I first started getting into doing reviews for this site. At the time I asked she said she was too busy. If I'm not mistaken, "True Blood" was in the early production phase and I think that was taking up a lot of her time. Not to mention the fact that she writes at least 3 different series' of books (2 of which I read the minute they hit my doorstep). So when I got an email from her publicist a few weeks ago I jumped all over it. But it gets better. I've mentioned that I've been doing review for the Sacramento Book Review. Well, I just happened to do a review of the latest Sookie Stackhouse book when it came out a few months ago and it appears I am the resident Charlaine Harris expert at the Review-- and they were offered the chance to interview Charlaine for an audible interview via Skype-- and guess who they asked to do the interview? Me! Me me me me me. How great is that? Well, I'm excited even if you're not. The schedule hasn't been hammered out yet, so I don't know when the interview will take place-- so I'm not nervous yet. I think it'll be sometime toward the end of October. Hopefully I won't sound like too much of an idiot because I'll be posting the interview on this blog when it goes up. And let me just say-- if you have any suggestions for interview questions, I'm all ears (so to speak).

7 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome! I'm excited for you, I'm sure you'll ace the interview. It's a really cool thing to be able to chat with favorite authors and such.

Harry Markov: daydream said...

I am SUPER excited for you. :) You are going to do an audio interview aka in person, which means that the Internet is out of the equation, which means you are one step down the line to being even more a professional. It's thrilling, evolution in the making.

SQT said...

Harry

I have to dust of my interviewing skills. I actually used to do that as a job-- about 15 years ago when I worked in television. But I interviewed ordinary people, not celebrities of any kind-- especially people who hear the same questions over and over. That's what I'd like to avoid. The same-old same-old.

PeterWilliam said...

That's really exciting. Enjoy and drink it all up.

SciFiGuy said...

What a coup for you. What a great opportunity and I am sure you will be fabulous.

Steve Malley said...

Are you doing a little happy dance? I sure would be! :)

Congratulations!!

Tia Nevitt said...

Congratulations! What a great opportunity for you!