Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Getting Back on Schedule...

Whew! Family can take it out of you can't they? I had my nephew staying with me for the last few days because he hasn't been getting along with his parents. He decided to go live with my brother in Missouri and that kind of set off a chain of events that ended up with him needing to stay at my house for a little bit. I thought I'd get back on track yesterday after I put him on a plane, but he missed his connecting flight in Minnesota (thanks to some unhelpful personnel who sent him to the wrong gate). So I was scrambling yesterday to calm down a panicked teenager and coordinate things so my brother could pick him up on the other end. My poor brother-- he had to drive 8 hours, unexpectedly, to pick up my nephew yesterday. I don't think they got home until 2:00 am. Anyway... Today has been catch-up day. Do the grocery shopping, go to the gym, etc. I still need to announce the winners to two overdue contests, so I will get those up soon-- and get them mailed off. And, of course, try to get back to normal blogging. Thanks for understanding.

7 comments:

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

Yikes! What a crazy few days for you. Seems when it rains, it pours, huh? Here's to normalcy! *raises hand in a toast*

Wilson said...

RL > Blogging :)

Glad you sorted out your stuff - sounds like it was quite the ordeal hehe

OnlyTheBestSciFi/Fantasy said...

my life was not the same without you.

Charles Gramlich said...

Ah, that can't have been too pleasant to deal with. Glad things will get back to normal for you now.

Harry Markov: daydream said...

Ah, yeah. Family drama. I am just glad that you are back you know. HUGS! Mhm, I don't see how running away from parents would help deal with the problems, but glad that everything si fine.

SQT said...

Donna

Yeah, kind of an out-of-the-blue thing. Those will definitely throw you off.

Wilson

Not too bad-- thankfully.

OTBSFF

You say the nicest things. :)

Charles

It never is, is it?

Harry

Normally I would agree-- but he went from a place where he wasn't wanted to a place where he is. I think it'll be much better for him.

drey said...

I'm glad your nephew is in a better place. I'm glad you're back to "normal"... =) We've missed you.