Monday, June 08, 2009

Books Received

Taking a page from SF Signal, I'm going to start a regular post of books received. I don't have the time to review all the books I receive for review, though I desperately want to, and I hate to let them go unmentioned. So now they don't have to go without the attention they deserve. This particular list is of books received in 2009 that have not been previously featured on the blog. Click on the images to go to their Amazon page for more information. Knight of Knives by Ian C. Esslemont [Tor] Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin [Orbit] Living With Ghosts by Kerri Sperring [DAW] Genesis by Bernard Beckett [Houghton Mifflin Harcourt] In the Courts of the Sun by Brian D'Amato [Dutton] The Alchemist's Pursuit by Dave Duncan [Ace] Deader Still by Anton Strout [Ace] Dragon's Luck by Robert Asprin [Ace] Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill [Roc] Terra Insegura by Edward Willett [Daw] House of Suns by Alistair Reynolds [Ace] A Flash of Hex by Jes Battis [Ace] A Grey Moon Over China by Thomas A. Day [Tor] Harry and the Pirates by Brian Lumley [Tor] Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine [Signet] The Spy Who Haunted Me by Simon R. Green [Roc] The Enchantment Emporium by Tanya Huff [Daw] Faery Moon by P. R. Frost [Daw] Julian Comstock by Robert Charles Wilson [Tor] Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow [Razorbill] Red-Headed Stepchild by Sabina Kane [Orbit] Villain.net: Council of Evil by Andy Briggs [Walker Books for Young Readers] Hero.com: Rise of the Heroes by Andy Briggs [Walker Books for Young Readers] Rod Serling's Twilight Zone: The Midnight Sun [Walker Books for Young Readers] Rod Serling's Twilight Zone: Deaths-Head Revisited [Walker Books for Young Readers] Ice Land by Betsy Tobin [Plume] The Magic Mirror of the Mermaid Queen by Delia Sherman [Viking] SkyKeepers by Jessica Anderson [Signet Eclipse] The Magician's Apprentice by Trudi Canavan [Orbit] Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire [Daw] The Devil's Eye by Jack McDevitt [Ace] Maelstrom:Destroyermen by Taylor Anderson [Roc] The United States of Atlantis by Harry Turtledove [Roc] Bones of the Dragon (Dragonships of Vindras) by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman [Tor] The House of the Stag by Kage Baker [Tor]

9 comments:

pussreboots said...

Wow! I was excited by the two books that arrived. :)

Wendy said...

I've gotten A Madness of Angels but haven't been able to read it. No time! Although I have read Deader Still (for review), Strange Angels, and Red-Headed Stepchild so it's not all bad! Although I am so wanting to read a few others, too!

KP said...

Recently bought all of these and have read Night of Knives. While not as good as Erikson, Esslemont writes an interesting story and provides that Malazan fix in between Erikson's books.

Charles Gramlich said...

I've long since realized I'm not going to keep up with new books published. I'm still reading a lot of old ones.

Zoe Graystone said...

Perhaps it's time to bring on board a little guest writing help to get through all these books!

SQT said...

@Zoe

Oh I try. Believe me. I try.

Liana Brooks said...

I want the new Canavan! I love her books :o)

I just started working with a review site. I'm handling the sci-fi and some fantasy. If you don't want to read all those, I will.

Just slide my name in the direction of the people sending you all those books. :o)

http://book-faires.blogspot.com

SQT said...

Liana-- email me. I'll send you the Canavan book in exchange for a review.

Fantasy Dreamer said...

Wow, that's quite a load! I see several good ones here. I enjoyed Red-Headed Stepchild and look forward to reading Some Girls Bite, Strange Angels & Carpe Corpus.