Saturday, January 03, 2009

Tom Cruise: The Comeback?

I know Tom Cruise visited crazyville for awhile. But anyone who isn't afraid to be this silly can't be all bad. Frankly, I enjoyed this more than the rest of "Tropic Thunder"-- This movie belongs under the category of 'adolescent boy humor' for sure.


daydream said...

It took me quite awhile to recognize him in that role, but OMG didn I find him funny. After the looney trip I think he is coming back... He is like Britney in the movie biz minus the alcohol.

furiousBall said...

i'm not sure he's on his way back, he's always been crazier than a shithouse rat. what the hell does that mean anyway? are their rat psychiatrists out there that can verify that shithouse rats are indeed less mentally stable? is it their upbringing? i mean their upbrining is shit. literally.

Dotsblog said...

I hadn't seen that one before, it's hilarious. I think he had a problem there and took a little trip to the happy farm, but I believe he might be back now. Don't we all desire time to be wacky for awhile? All the rest of us just go there privately instead of exclaiming our craziness for the world to partake.

Cynnie said...

I cant stand that little man ..

I may be crazy..but I'm not going to push mine off on ya'll..
I despise most evangelicals

SQT said...


Yeah, kind of like Britney. Hollywood appears to be a very strange place.


I think we all have a little crazy in us. I shudder to think what it would be like to live my life in from of the world.


My thoughts exactly. I just can't stay angry at the man.


It's taken me a couple of years to forget his early craziness. I suffered from postpartum depression so I took it all a bit personally. But he backed off so I'm willing to let it lie.

Charles Gramlich said...

Personally, I thought the "Tom Cruise meltdown" was largely a figment of the media's imagination. I always thought he was a very good actor when he was first in the movies, but I haven't been enamored of most of his roles in later life, starting maybe with Days of Thunder. Anyway, this is pretty funny.

Stewart Sternberg said...

I have remained a fan of this sad little man regardless of his self implosions. It's sad that he did Valkyrie. I haven't seen it and I may be unfair in my lack of enthusiasm, but there is something about Cruise in that role that smacks of poor casting.

I think Cruise's problems have stemmed from insecurity issues. I remember listening to him in an interview where he detailed some of his upbringing and abandonment issues, coupled with the craziness of early success, and perhaps it was only a matter of time before he went through a crisis adjusting to age.

You know who I am concerned for is Miley Cyrus. Good God. I'm telling you, when she explodes, it's going to make Britany Spears look like Heidi.

SQT said...


Yeah. I think Miley could make Britney look well adjusted. And you know what really bugs me about that? My daughter is Miley crazy-- understandable since Hannah Montana is everywhere. But when this kid goes off the rails I'm going to have to find a way to explain that mess to my daughter.

Cynnie said...

i finally saw Tropic was super slow at first , but it was okay..
I LOVE Jack Black..

And I will admit Ol Tom was funny as hell