Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Ads-- They May Help

Just a quick note-- since I mentioned it and all, the ads on my sidebar may help pay for shipping after all. I just put them up, but they're from a site that has to bid on the ads-- pennies usually-- and I only earned 10 cents yesterday. But the point is, if I can get just 50 cents a day that's $15 a month and that will cover one or two out-of-country shipping costs for a giveaway. That would be fantastic. And it would enable me to keep up the world-wide giveaways. So, for that, I hope you don't mind some slightly obnoxious ads on the sidebar. They may benefit all of us at one time or another. Thanks for your patience with all of this. Oh, and wish me luck. (You have to admit this is a great deal. With a little effort on my part I'm able to offer free books and get the shipping paid for. I don't know about you, but it makes me happy)

9 comments:

S.M.D. said...

Word of advice on PW: Start with one ad. If you're relatively new in the market, it's best to have one ad space so more people bid on it and keep the bidding higher. Fewer ads, better profits and better ads (usually).

Just a thought.

SQT said...

Funny you should mention that. I was just considering that strategy. How did you get so marketing savvy?

Tia Nevitt said...

I'm thinking about doing this myself. Project Wonderful looks like an interesting ad structure and best of all, you don't have to host ads that make you cringe.

furiousBall said...

sweet, glad to see the giveaways will have a chance to continue

Charles Gramlich said...

They don't bother me.

SQT said...

Tia

Yeah, it gives you the option to reject ads you don't want. Right now I just have it set not to display ads that are not safe for work.

FB

I over-dramatize I'm sure, but I'd like to keep them up and shipping can be a factor. Even a little bit of $$ can make the difference.

Charles

That's good. Some people are driven away by ads and I'd hate to see that happen.

Cynnie said...

you're worth a gazillion obnoxious ads :)

Steve Malley said...

And ya never know: we just might find that perfect whatsit we didn't know our lives were incomplete without!

I found a few books and some webcomics I now love through sidebar ads...

DesLily said...

well many people book mooch and they have to pay shipping.. it's so little compared to the price of a book!