Wednesday, December 17, 2008

If I'm Gonna Pay $10.50, Then I Better Be Stinkin' Drunk

Ah, mom's night out. I currently get about one night a month to go out with the other mom's at my son's preschool and it's a lot of fun. You might think once a month doesn't seem like much but when you're chasing after two kids the time flies by pretty fast. We usually pick a local restaurant and get dinner, drinks or dessert. Last night we went to The Cheesecake Factory. Did you know they charge $10.50 for a mixed drink? Neither did I. 10 friggin' dollars! No wonder restaurants like that are going out of business. Do these people realize we're in a recession? WTF? Like most restaurants they don't list the prices for their drinks on the menu but like an idiot I thought they'd charge the same general price as most local restaurants do for a foo foo martini drink. But $10.50? And I didn't even get a buzz. Let's be real here. I could buy a bottle of the cheap vodka they used to make the drink and a bottle of juice for what they charged me. And I bet I would have a better time. I mean, I don't even have a good I got drunk and did this stupid thing story.... For $10.50 I should be able to at least get a little stupid. Right? $10.50... Fume. Don't buy drinks at The Cheesecake factory folks. It's a rip off. Just thought I should let you know. Back to the Bailey's.

8 comments:

furiousBall said...

the friggin' cheesecake factory drives me nuts. yes, the food is decent and all, but the prices and usual wait is a pain in the ass. living near philly, i don't have a shortage of mom and pop restaurants and dessert places that are cheaper and serve MUCH better italian food.

franki said...

my boss took us out for a fancy meal at a premier dc restaurant last night. it was good and all, but dang, it wasn't $500 good.

Cynnie said...

The one great thing about Puerto Rico is booze is cheap and flows like water..

Here you can hit a place during happy hour ( 7-11) and drink all you want ( good stuff too..not just cheap shots of shit) for 12 dollars..
the food's crap though..
but whatever..

Oh !
once i went out with friends and we went to a snazzy place and drank ourselves silly and ate fabulous food ..
the bill was 800 dollars !

thank god my friends got to expense it, cause my ass would have been happy at wendys

T.D. Newton said...

Haha, yeah, I only go to the Cheesecake Factory for the title feature, and even then not very often. If I'm going somewhere for drinks, I'll go to a bar or brewpub (if food is in order). Luckily, the Denver/Boulder area is more than able to accommodate.

DesLily said...

I go to the autograph shows to have one of my very few "drinks" a year! they generally charge about 6.00 for a margarita! "one show- one drink" lol..

Avery DeBow said...

I never drink out.

Wait, that didn't come out right.

*Stashes bottle under desk and tries again*

I don't order drinks at restaurants. Not worth it on so many levels.

Daya said...

Ouch, I feel ya...my latest thing on the rare nights we DO go out is to ask about drink specials. That usually helps and often they don't advertise well--never hurts to ask!

Daelith said...

I had a similar experience with my dinner last night. Except it was with my food, not my drink. When I ordered the fried shrimp, I expected to get some shrimp. You know the kind that is at least about the size/length of my thumb with the tails still on. Not what I got. I got a smidgen of microscopic pop corn shrimp in a massive amount of breading. Not to mention cold fries and the worst hush puppies I've ever tasted. Blah!!