Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Good Weekend

You know what makes a geek happy? Seeing "The Dark Knight" again, (still awesome) and getting my copy of "Watchmen" delivered on Friday so I can savor it over the whole weekend.

Oh yeah.

I haven't read a graphic novel since I was a kid so maybe I'm overly impressed. But I don't think so. This book isn't a Hugo Award winner for nothing.

I'm only about half-way through, so I'm going to hold off on a comprehensive description for now.

So let me just say this.

Wow. So cool.


Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so. Look at this. I love it when pop-culture overlaps.


I'm going to go watch the movie trailer again........

10 comments:

furiousBall said...

i haven't read watchmen yet either, but i need to

Jay Amabile said...

I love this peanuts parody...this is the first I'm seeing it!

Charles Gramlich said...

Hum, I'm so out of it I don't understand what this is a parody of. The watchmen I guess. But I'm lost.

SQT said...

Charles, yeah, it's just the Peanuts characters drawn up as the Watchmen. Cute if you're familiar with the book.

Steve Malley said...

Glad you followed my advice, SQT. No foolin' when I say WATCHMEN's one of the best novels I've ever read, period. Every time I've lent a copy out, I've had to go buy another. It's just that good.

True story: DC originally gave Alan Moore a free hand with a new line of heroes they'd bought from Charleston Comics. Up until they saw what he was *doing* with them. Suddenly, the Blue Beetle became the Owl, the Question was Rorschach, etc.

Stewart Sternberg said...

I am going to get The Watchmen and The Crow graphic collections. Unlike you, I do collect these things and read them. Problem is, they're a little expensive. Still, I would rather spend twenty bucks and get all the chapters of a story than to sit and wait month after month for the story to unfold. Been there.

If you want to see the worst example of this, then pick up the new Hush graphic collection in the Batman series. God. Terrible.

Heather said...

So glad you're enjoying it!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Watchmen is a great story, a little tough to read though for some reason, I think.

I hope the movie stays true to the source.

Ana said...

The Watchmen is so fabulous and I think I nearly fainted when I saw the trailer for the movie.


and dear lord the Peanuts as the Watchmen???? GENIUS

SQT said...

Jon

The story is hard to follow sometimes. I think it's because it has so many threads going all at once. But my goodness, it's soooo good.

Ana

I'm so glad the movie trailer got me to buy the book. I may end up buying a lot more graphic novels.