Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I may need to beg your indulgence for awhile......

I stayed up to almost 1:00 am to see the men's gymnastics final. Hey, it was a nail biter. And can I say, as much as I want to see the U.S. get the gold, China was freakin' amazing. I think every country must be just gushing with national pride right now. Anyway. I need to find a way to tear myself away from the TV long enough to write something half-way coherent that relates to sci-fi. But not at 1:30 in the morning. I'm barely coherent at 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm sure you understand. So, check out my book review blog for the latest giveaways. I have 3 up currently, so scroll down the page to catch them all. I'm picking a winner for "Underground" on Wednesday, so get your entries in.

8 comments:

DesLily said...

the olympics are always addicting to me! lol.. I am normally an early to bed early to rise person... this is killing me!

The Curmudgeon said...

I'm not into the Olympics at all -- but I was kind of impressed by the hoopla over the first Indian Gold Medal winner -- some sort of shooting event, apparently -- and the whole country's gone nuts.

Better still, it was widely reported here in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Off topic... SQT, current format is really hard to read -- OK, impossible -- in Firefox. It comes out as sort of navy blue on black. (I read this post by opening it up on the comments page....)

Di Francis said...

I totally didn't understand the scoring (luckily someone on my blog clued me in a little). But the American team were so happy at the end! It was fabulous. My husband kept laughing at me for gasping and screaming oh no! whenever anybody at all had a problem. I'm a terrible sap. But I was just amazed at all the gymnasts.

Nepharia said...

I haven't watched the Olypics since my daughter was born 16 years ago (which was also an olympic year -- got to see the Winter olympics that year, but not the Summer :D).

This is the first since and I'm passing the torch on to my kids -- they all seem to be enjoying it.

Di Francis said...

Except . . . is it me or did they not show all the performances on the apparatuses? Cause I don't think they showed USA men's rings. And I'm sure they didn't show some others. That really annoys me.

SQT said...

I noticed that too Di. I kept wondering when they were going to show the American men on rings. I did hear one announcer say they have to prioritize what they broadcast since so much is going on at the same time. I'm thinking Michael Phelps may have had his race at the same time the men were doing the rings.

Steve Malley said...

We got Yanks-on-Rings in New Zealand. Also about two rounds of a medal fight in boxing.

Right now, a four year old girl is doing the uneven parallel bars for China.

The Curmudgeon said...

Hey! I can see it clearly now.

Must have been me.