Sunday, August 24, 2008

I know I apologize too much...

I hate going too long between posts. I hate it when I'm off topic too often. I'd say I'm an overachiever but it wouldn't be believable. At least not lately. I've wanted to post the last couple of days but I have been having problems with my right hand. I go through bouts of carpel tunnel syndrome and it's been particularly bad the past few days. I was so determined to get some kind of template up that matched my theme that I overworked my hand and it's been numb and tingly for the last 3 or 4 days. I've been trying to lay off typing just to give it a rest. I'm going to give my hand a rest for another day or so and see what that does. If it doesn't feel better I'll go to the doctor. At any rate, I'll try to get back to business a.s.a.p. The Olympics are just about over too, so I should be less distracted this week too. Speaking of the Olympics. Wouldn't it be something if the Chinese women were stripped of their medals for cheating? I don't want to wish anything bad on those athletes. But damn! They're saying that as many as 5 of the girls may have been under-aged. That's pretty egregious in my opinion. Be interesting to see what happens...

9 comments:

DesLily said...

what's really sad about the underage girls is the fact that a country had them lie. What's that teach a young kid?... not to be honest that's for sure.

also.. like I heard already said, the girls that would win in place of the younger girls still can't "win their medals"..

furiousBall said...

yeah you should be sorry... :)

china hasn't been entirely honest so far, the whole opening ceremony milli vanilli thing

Charles Gramlich said...

I hope youre hand gets to feeling better soon. My brother had that and ended up having surgery for it. So far I haven't suffered it, but I get mouse elbow if I do too much game playing.

Steve Malley said...

Sometimes, my hands are so mangled from a long day's tattooing, I have to type with my elbows...

Feel better.

Heather said...

Hope your hand feels better soon. What a bummer.

Anonymous said...

I donate books to my masseuse.

SQT said...

Anon

Hmmm, that sounds like good karma in the making.

The Curmudgeon said...

Take the medals from the Chinese gymnasts?

Would you take candy from a baby?

(And isn't this the same thing?)

SQT said...

Curmudgeon

I was ambivalent in the beginning but not anymore. If it was just one underage gymnast I could ignore it. But five? Now I think the Chinese just started thumbing their nose at everyone.