Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The View Outside My Front Door

Okay, I have to do it. The smoke here has been crazy today. I tried to take some pictures while out driving, but it's hard to drive and take pictures-- and I don't recommend trying. So the picture here is the best I could do. I don't know if you can tell how hazy it is, but let me tell you this. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon when I took the picture and about 103 degrees. We have no clouds in the sky-- just smoke. It kind of looks like a cloudy winter day.

The other picture you see here is right off my front porch. I took it at about 7:30 in the evening. I was hoping to catch a really red sun today, but it wasn't as bright as it has been on other evenings. Normally though, you wouldn't be able to look directly at the sun, especially as it was just going down. But this shot is just as it looked from the naked eye.

I wish blogs came with smell-o-vision so you could smell the smoke too. It smells like I'm directly in the path of a campfire.

I promise. This will be my last smoke related post.

Just pray there are no floods or earthquakes in my future.

6 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Wow that's crazy!

Hey, are you going to comic con in a couple weeks? I can't remember if you've said.

furiousBall said...

holy moly lady, be careful!

Charles Gramlich said...

I can see the haze. That's got to be unpleasant for the lungs. And apparently for the taste buds and smell sense too. Sorry to hear that it hasn't gotten better.

SQT said...

Angela

I'd love to, but it would be almost impossible for me to get away.

FB

I'm just staying inside all the time. Drives the kids nuts.

Charles

Yesterday was particularly bad. It really does mess up your sense of smell. I kept thinking I must smell like smoke yesterday.

Steve Malley said...

Reminds me of my time in Beijing...

Fab said...

I didn't think it was that bad, but wow. And that was in the afternoon? That seems so unhealthy! Can nothing be done?