Sunday, May 11, 2008

Laaaaaazy

I am so bad. We went on vacation and I can't get out of "time off" mode.

Our Disneyland trip was a mixed bag. Disneyland was great, my husband's food poisoning wasn't. My husband is a trooper though. He was down only one day (I would probably still be bedridden) and he drove home. Actually, he isn't a trooper, he is strong beyond belief.

Anyway. I know I should be thinking fantasy-like thoughts but I am still indulging in my Mother's Day. Mimosas are a good thing. I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes precisely because I knew I was going to indulge myself something awful today. But there just aren't that many guilt free days a year to spoil myself, so I'll take what I can get.

But I do want to thank Stewart and Jon for posting while I was gone. It's nice to know my blog can function without me.

So I'm dipping my toe back in, albeit a bit reluctantly. Laziness begets laziness doesn't it? But I will have to be up early to take the kids to school in the morning, so my vacation time will be at an official end. No more excuses. I must force my brain to work despite it's natural inclinations.

But I have half an hour of Mother's Day left.

I think I'll go have some strawberry shortcake.

7 comments:

DesLily said...

LOL welcome home, good to hear you had a great time and a great mother's day!..

(sorry hubby got sick.. that sucks)

Avery said...

Urgh, food poisoning. Poor guy.

Glad to have you back and to hear you had a good time despite the food-related badness.

Happy Mother's Day a bit late.

furiousBall said...

ahhh, take your time amiga. i have to go see iron man... have to

SQT said...

FB

Oh tell me about it! I was so tempted to use Mom's day as an excuse and go alone yesterday. But I want to go with hubby.

I am going nuts.

Charles Gramlich said...

Love that cat pic. I wish I could be as lazy as a cat sometimes.

The Curmudgeon said...

Always tough to get back into the routine.

Nepharia said...

Cat picture: great
Food poisoning: terrible!
Continuing to be lazy after getting home from vacation: priceless

Eat your cake. You have my permission.