Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't Taze Me Bro

I've been thinking flying saucers. I can't help it. It's that time of year...silly season. If it weren't for the political stuff, the news services would be singing with offbeat news stories such as the latest bigfoot sighting, the three legged boy engaged to the latest ex-Disney starlet, the fossil found in Tunesia that proves once and for all the Keith Richards is immortal.
But back to flying saucers, the staple of 50's "B" science fiction films and the bane of lonely trailer parks across the continent. I was driving to work today listening to a man on the radio testifiy that he had witnessed something called an extraterrestrial "dragonfly drone". Here is a picture of the thing I've scavenged from the net:

Apparently two investigators are trying to track down the person who took these pictures and posted them on the net. The two men are trying to locate the pole in the picture and believe that once they do, they can find the man. Good luck. If you want to follow this link, you can see them being interviewed on Fake...er...Fox news.

It's been called the dragonfly drone because apparently that's how it was sited by the witness on the radio, moving across the water silently, zipping in straight bursts without disturbing the surface.

Okay, I know..it's silly season. You say you want a different sort of flying saucer? One you can get your hands on? The French are putting out a Taser Flying Saucer. Yep, a drone that will be able to fly into a crowd of people and offer up a shocking experience. Reminds me of a scene from "1984" or perhaps those police droids from "Minority Report". With the number of unmanned spy vehicles that have been used in the Middle Eastern conflict, it's not hard to imagine the eventual evolution of unmanned flying devices used to quell riots by spraying tear gas or some other chemical from overhead.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, more ways for the police to rough folks up. Now this is a produce whose time has come. Bring on 1984.

furiousBall said...

good use of time investigators... seriously

SQT said...

What ever happened to the "don't taze me bro" guy?

That picture of an alien "dragonfly drone" looks a bit doctored to me. Photographic evidence doesn't really work anymore. Too much technology available. I'm not even sure we could believe a home video.

Avery DeBow said...

Because tasers have worked so well in the hands of actual humans...

ShadowFalcon said...

I saw that pic definatly photoshop but not a bad job...are the two people investigating called mulder and scully?
sorry I couldn't help myself

Heather said...

My favorite UFO tale of all time is the airship sighting in the 1890's. Gives me shivers whenever I think about it.