Monday, April 28, 2008

Must See in the Theatre Movies of Summer

The summer movie season is finally getting ready to hit theatres and it's about time! It seems like it's been forever since there has been anything worth paying full price for but this summer seems like it's going to be a good one. There are a couple of sequels in the bunch, but many of the new movies headed to theatres are big screen originals; which is refreshing given last year's glut of 3-peats. However, being a parent means that I can't see every movie that comes out in the theatre as it's released. I have to save up my babysitting miles and try to pick the most worthy movies to spend them on. Here's a list of what I'm choosing from. May 2nd Iron Man May 9th Speed Racer May 16th The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian May 22nd Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull June 6th Kung Fu Panda June 13th The Incredible Hulk June 20th Get Smart July 2nd Hancock July 11th Hellboy: The Golden Army July 18th The Dark Knight July 25th The X Files: I Want to Believe August 1st The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor So which one's am I going to cash my babysitting chips on? Iron Man I was slightly reluctant to get my hopes up for this at first, but Robert Downey is calling to me. I love that a great actor has been cast in a comic book role-- Christian Bale proved how effective that is. And the previews are making it look as if this one might live up to my expectations. Indiana Jones This goes totally without saying. I wouldn't miss what may be my last chance to see Indy on the big screen for anything. Hellboy Well, this is one I'd like to see, but I may have a problem getting my husband to go. But hey, if I go alone I don't have to worry about getting grandma to babysit. Yeah, mommy time. The Dark Knight This is an absolute no brainer. R.I.P. Heath Ledger *Special Mention* James Bond: Quantum of Solace This isn't scheduled to hit theatres until November 7th, but I will most definitely be seeing it in the theatre. So what movie would get your hard earned babysitting time?

10 comments:

DesLily said...

LOL.. looks like you have picked quite a few!! (got to love summer movies and holiday movies!)

I hope t'hell I can get to the movies to see Indiana Jones and Hellboy,,,, and Inkheart later in the year! I have to pick and choose because I need someone here to watch my brother and then it costs me 20.00 round trip for the taxi just to get there and back, then the cost of the movie! So you KNOW it has to mean a lot to me!

ThRiNiDiR said...

Indiana Jones and The Dark Knight, definitely.

furiousBall said...

new theme is a bit hard to read with the blue on black... i want to see all these films

SQT said...

Furiousball

It should be blue on beige. The backgound probably didn't load for some reason.

Asara Dragoness said...

I'd have to put Prince Caspian up on the top of my list, with Dark Knight close behind. I want to see the Indiana Jones one, but I'm so worried that it will be a sad effort by an aging actor to continue to do action films. I don't know if I could take that sort of disappointment, especially where Indiana Jones is concerned! So I'll probably wait until a few people have seen it, maybe even until it comes out on video. We'll see!

Melinda Seckington said...

From the list you posted, you've picked the exact same ones I want to see! I can't wait to see those 5.

There are 2 more that I would really like to catch in the cinema which you hadn't mentioned: Wall-E and Tropic Thunder. Both of them look pretty good too.

Crunchy Carpets said...

Tough..Adam wants to see Speedracer, so I will go with him on that.

Dh has already beat me to the mark and is going with a buddy to see Iron man on Friday.

I said that I would go with friends wife then to see Indy.

But want to see Iron man too!

And yeah...Dark Knight IS a babysitter night...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Some good ones there!

Fab said...

I'd love to see Iron Man (Robert! Whoohoo!), Hellboy and James Bond. Looking forward to that. You guys in America will see them months before I will here in Europe. Hope your reviews won't bring me down once they are shown here... I hope they'll be great!

Gabrielle Faust said...

Yes, it's going to be an AMAZING summer for movies! I can't wait to see Iron Man next week! :)