Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mental Constipation Thanks to Walt

I hate it when I can't think of a post. I know I don't have to post here everyday, but I usually want to. And then life happens. I have a good excuse this week though. We're going to Disneyland. Yeah, the Magic Kingdom. I haven't been in four years and I am ridiculously excited. Yes, I am a child. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to think of a single bad memory of Disneyland. I know I've waited over an hour in line to ride Pirates of the Caribbean before, but apparently it was worth it. I know listening to "It's a Small World" will ensure that I have that song embedded in my brain for a week, but I don't care. We took my daughter four years ago and she was super princess crazy at the time. Now she could care less. I'd be sad except she's decided Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones are very cool and I applaud her taste. My son hasn't been before so he isn't quite sure why he should be excited, but he's willing to humor us in the meantime. So my brain is thinking ahead to the trip. I'm picking the rides to go on and trying to figure out how to keep my son from running off without putting a leash on him. I'm looking forward to not having to cook for a few days and hitting some of the restaurants. And mostly, I'm just enjoying the fact that I feel a little like a kid again. **QUICK NOTE** Head over to Pat's Fantasy Hotlist and check out his latest contest. He's giving away 4 different series' of books!

7 comments:

Asara Dragoness said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the contest link, SQT :) Seriously, if I win the one I entered for.. I will have to run around in circles for at least half an hour from excitement.

Have a TON of fun in Disney.. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to take down there, I know they'll love it!

furiousBall said...

have fun in mickeyland, my kids are going (without me) at the end of the month too

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope you have a super time there.

Charles Gramlich said...

Disneyland? Did you win the super bowl?

Crunchy Carpets said...

Excellent...Do the Tower of Terror and 'Soarin' and the Grizzly Rapids thingy over in the California Park..total blast.

No Small World..it is being fixed yipeeee!!!

You guys will have a blast...we want to go back RIGHT NOW

DesLily said...

I lived in Fla for 13 yrs and we had numerous visits to Disney.. I never EVER tired of it!! Have a blast!

Di Francis said...

We went over Xmas. Kids had a blast. Best piece of advice I have though is pack along a bunch of granola bars. It's amazing how often you get hungry while in line or how long you have to wait at a restaurant and such. My goal was to just have some on hand to keep the kids going at any given point. Worked too, though mine are 7 and 4. Not sure how old yours are.

If you want to do Nemo, go first thing in the a.m. and run to it. The line is huge and it doesn't have a fast pass. The Indiana Jones ride does have a fast pass, but it's popular so it will still mean a 20-30 minute line. Small World is closed for renovation I'm pretty sure. They were planning to close it in January until Thanksgiving I think.

Have lots of fun!

Di