Thursday, March 06, 2008

Who Would Make Your 'Laminated List?'

I was watching New Amsterdam this evening and decided I have a new crush. The star of the show, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, is hawt! I've also realized that I seem to have a particular type when it comes to the men I drool over. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but he reminds me a little of my main celebrity-crush, Hugh Jackman. Anyway, thinking of these hot men reminded me of an episode of "Friends" that created the cultural phenomenon of the Laminated List. The urban dictionary defines the list as: A list of the top 5 people, usually celebrities, with whom you could have sex with without repercussions, if the opportunity arose, regardless of whether you were in a relationship or not. A woman's laminated list might be: 1.) Mel Gibson 2.) Brad Pitt 3.) Colin Ferrel 4.) Pierce Brosnan 5.) Russell Crowe C'mon, don't tell me you've never considered who'd be on your list. The funny part for me is that beyond Hugh Jackman, and now Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, I have a hard time coming up with a solid list. Well, okay, add Daniel Craig-- then it gets hard. The final two. Hmmm. Let me think. Brad Pitt? Good looking but not rugged enough. Jamie Bamber? Very good looking but I think he may be short. Orlando Bloom? Cute but too young. Justin Timberlake? Ditto. Jake Gyllenhaal? Ditto. Johnny Depp? Very nice but I like a man to look like he bathes once in a while. Harrison Ford? ...That's a tough one. But I seem to really favor men closer to my own age. Clive Owen? Ooooh, definite possibility. So you can see my dilemma. It's hard to nail it down isn't it? So I guess my list -- so far-- would be. 1. Hugh Jackman (he is my first love) 2. Daniel Craig (Bond. Need I say more?) 3. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Sigh) 4. TBD 5. TBD Now it's your turn. I'd like to know who you'd put on your list. I'm not going for sci-fi people either. Just those people who'd make your top five. Maybe I'll get some good suggestions...

14 comments:

Sonetto said...

My list:
1. Hugh Jackman
2. Christian Bale
3. Matthew MacFayden
4. Johnny Depp
5. Hugh Dancy
6. Brendan Frasier
7. Loren Dean (Who? you say)
8. Hugh Drummond
9. Hugh Grant
10. Greg Wise (Who? you say)

10.

furiousBall said...

1. Audrey Tautao
2. Penelope Cruz
3. Rachel Bilson
4. Selma Hayek
5. Rachel Weisz

Charles Gramlich said...

I never heard of a laminated list before, although I've heard of the concept of a list that someone would sleep with if given a chance. These days there'd be only Lana on my list.

SQT said...

You know Charles, I don't know that I'd have the guts to actually use the list, but it's fun to put one together.

Melinda Seckington said...

Completely agree with your top two picks: I love Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig. Haven't seen Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in action yet though. Here's the rest of my list:

1. Hugh Jackman
2. Daniel Craig
3. Christian Bale
4. Clive Owen
5. Ewan McGregor

SQT said...

How did I not think of Christian Bale? *swoon*

SolShine7 said...

My celebrity uber crushes would be:

1. Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds)
2. Paul Walker
3. Will Demps (NFL player)
4. Mario Lopez
5. Chad Michael Murray

SQT said...

Ooooh, Shemar Moore. *Mrorw*

crunchycarpets said...

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw that Coster-whatshisname in the weekend paper...what a hun!

Hmm

1. Brad Pitt
2. John Cusack
3.Clive Owen
4. Daniel Craig
5. Christian Bale

Peter P said...

Is someone promoting polygamy here?

SQT said...

Peter

Goodness no. No one is talking marriage....

Susan said...

1. Christian Bale
2.Hugh Jackman
3.Ioan Gryffudd (played Lancelot in King Arthur...mmmm)
4. Sawyer, Desmond and Sayeed from Lost (do they count as one?)
5. Nathan Filion (Firefly) *sigh*
Sorry, my husband came to say goodnight and saw this list. Now I have some explaining to do!!! I'll say characters in a novel, yes, that's it....

Ron Simpson said...

Sarah Brightman-Opera Singer
Jennifer Connelly
Alyson Hannigan
Keira Knightley
Megan Fox
Claire Danes
Rachel Nichols
Grace Park
Kelly Hu
Elizabeth Hurley
Zooey Deschanel
Jill Hennessy

LYNNE said...

My list:
1. RICKY MARTIN (YES, THAT IS WHAT I SAID!!!!)
2. Hugh Jackman
3. Tom Welling
4. Goran Visnjic
5. David Boreanaz

I can't believe these names weren't on any of the other lists. Especially RICKY!!! I LOOOOOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!