Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stuff You Should Know About

One of the things I love the most about the blogoshpere is all the free stuff I seem to be able to find. Mostly I've gotten free books (which is wonderful) an occasionally free DVD's or T'shirts. But a printer? There's this blog that I go to. It's called Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. It's not a sci-fi/fantasy blog at all. What it is is one of the best blogs on the net. Ree, the author (or the Pioneer Woman-- P'Dub) writes and takes pictures about her life in the country (....one calf-nut at a time). Her pictures are wonderful and she regularly runs contests that have some unusually fantastic prizes. She has given away as much $500 on Amazon before-- it doesn't get any better than that. Today, she has a Give that photo a name contest and the prize package is "*Prize package will include HP C8180 All-in-One Printer, ink cartridges, 2 packages of 8.5 x 11″ glossy photo paper, 2 packages of 4 x 6 glossy photo paper, and a package of heavy card stock, because the photos actually print nicely on it, too." I thought it was too good not to mention. But you gotta enter before 7pm today! In other, not as exciting (or expensive) news, I have a book giveaway on my book review blog, so you can Check that out. The Fantasy Book Critic, as always, has some great giveaways going on, including Aurelia's Colors, a set of Kitty Norville books and Debatable Space. SciFi Signal is giving away two Gail Martin books. And Pat's Fantasy Hotlist has told us to be on the lookout for tons of giveaways (Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson is available now). He says he has more coming up than he has ever had before, so be sure to check his blog often.

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

wow, that's pretty sweet for a blog contest! i think i voted for her as best designed blog in the bloggie awards this past year.

Stewart Sternberg said...

You know what I want? I want free XBOX 360 games. I want someone to say: "Here, Stew...you wise man...review this for us. And when you're done..we have six or seven more."

SQT said...

You never know Stu. I get emails from companies that want to promote their game sites but I don't do games. I doubt I could get any game systems, but maybe some games.... I'll have to look into it.

Charles Gramlich said...

My wife, Lana, posts a lot of country pics on her blog as well. Pics she takes on our many walks, or of the birds in our backyard.

I'm gonna check out some of these freebie things. Love free books.