Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'm Already All Atwitter

(book givaways listed at end of post too!) It's really hard to find any information on the forthcoming Batman movie, "The Dark Knight." I kind of keep a constant eye out on YouTube and the official sites, but there isn't much out there yet. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since the movie won't be out until Summer of '08, but I loved "Batman Begins" so much it's hard to wait. Movie Web does have some images (that I obviously have posted here) to tide us over until the movie comes out. I am especially fascinated by Heath Ledger as The Joker. The only thing I liked about the original Batman movie was Jack Nicholson as The Joker but, as in everything he does, he was so quinticentially Jack that I am interested to see how Ledger does in the role.

Um, (pointing to left side of face....) you have a little lipstick smeared right around here.... That's not a Harley is it? Mmmm, Christian Bale. I thought purple suits went out with Prince.... Robert over at Fantasy Book Critic has THREE awesome book giveaways going on right now. He's giving away three sets of Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt series, one set of David Gemmell's "Troy" trilogy and three copies of Anne McCaffrey/Todd McCaffrey's "Dragon Harper." I am also giving away a copy of "Darwin's Paradox" on my Book Review Blog, so check that one out as well!

8 comments:

furiousBall said...

Batman Begins totally revived this movie series for me, I'm looking forward to this one fo sho

SolShine7 said...

Christian Bale made an excellent Batman. Is Katie Holmes going to be in the sequel? I hope so.

SQT said...

Christian Bale is the best! I don't think Katie Holmes is in the new one. I think she's been replace by Maggie Gyllenhaal. I must admit, I didn't love Katie in the role, so I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Charles Gramlich said...

Nice bike.

Avery DeBow said...

I have to agree that Batman Begins redeemed the franchise for me, as well. At the time, Michael Keaton seemed fine as Batman. Now, though, it seems a little...off.

"I thought purple suits went out with Prince..."

What? Now what am I going to put in my Walkman?

SQT said...

Avery

Hmm, you have a point. It's the suits that are out, not Prince.

I was tempted to do a whole long post on why the Batman Begins movie was so much better than all the Tim Burton versions, but then I got lazy.

But I may have to expand on it. I like the topic (and the movie) too much not to keep talking about it. I just hope "The Dark Knight" lives up the first one.

Lee said...

Tom prolly told Katie that Batman movies are against her religion now. And that pic of Heath is gonna give me nightmares! How positively creepy!

Reagu said...

This movie is looking real good.