Sunday, November 18, 2007

Super Powers I Need This Week

Wow, moving day is almost here. This last month has gone by thisfast and I am boggled. We get the keys on Tuesday and we'll be trying to move in over the course of the week, despite the Thanksgiving holiday. I really wish I had super powers to help with this move. No, I don't want them so I can save humanity, I want them so I can move my couch darnit! Super Human Strength Who needs to fly when you have an armoire to lug up the stairs? I think of all the super powers that have ever been dreamt up, super strength would be the most useful for moving furniture, don't you? If I had super strength I wouldn't need to ask 3 or 4 burly men to come over and help me move. Not only would the whole strength thing be useful, I'd end up with happier friends. Faster-Than-Light Speed Anyone who has ever had to pay for a rental truck will know why speed is so important. Also, we need to paint a couple of rooms before we move in, so speed is essential. Anyone have a time machine handy? Magical Ability to Conjure Beer and Pizza Since I do not have super human strength, my husband has had to find some burly friends to help us out. I'm pretty sure men can be fueled up regularly on beer and pizza and if I could conjure some on a regular basis, I bet I could talk those guys into helping us for a whole extra day! Ha, who needs a time machine now? Super Human Organizational Skills Okay, I'm sure this never came up on Superfriends, but I never saw them moving the Hall of Justice. I have literally got boxes up to the ceiling and I have to figure out where they heck they're all going. Oh sure, they're labeled "kitchen" and "bedroom" but you know they're going to end up in the dining room. Then I have to unpack and figure out which cupboard to put the glasses into. It's a nightmare I tell you. Conjuring Money You know, now that I think about it, this is the only skill I really need. If I could pull money out of thin air, I could hire someone to do all of this for me. Heck, if I had that kind of money, I could buy a furnished house and not have to mess around with any of this. Yeah, that's what I want to be. The Super Money Conjuring Woman. Of course, then I'd really need a secret identity-- to hide from my relatives.

5 comments:

DesLily said...

what? you aren't loaded with money? sheesh.. lol

There's one thing to look forward to.. they day the boxes are gone!.. on that day you sit all day long and just look around at all you've done. Do not, DO NOT, do anything but smile and enjoy the only day things will look that good to you! lol lol

Charles Gramlich said...

Super strength would definetely be a plus, although for most such things I could use a generous dose of super patience. That's my kryptonite.

Ron Simpson said...

I think that reality warping would be much better. Get the job done and upgrade your stuff at the same time.

SQT said...

While I admit reality warping is a good one, I still think I'd get a lot of milage out of the beer and pizza power.

Ron Simpson said...

Well, beer and pizza power may get friends to help, but altering reality to fit your imagination can fit ANY superpower into your repertoire.