Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Sexiest Sci-Fi Men Alive

People magazine recently published its 2007 Sexiest Men Alive edition, so I decided to spotlight some of the ones that have Sci-Fi/Fantasy roots.

-Ryan Reynolds: He's had guest appearances on The Outer Limits, The X-Files and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. But we best remember his sarcastic charm and rock hard body in Blade: Trinity. Here's to hoping he sinks his teeth into another juicy SF role.

-Brad Pitt: Who can forget Pitt's portrayal of Louis de Pointe du Lacthe in Interview With The Vampire? And back then, before Brangelina, his kiss with a young Kirsten Dunst was the talk of the town.

-James McAvoy: He brought to life C.S. Lewis' beloved Mr. Tummus, the faun, in the film adaptation of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. So that makes him our favorite mythological stud.

-Johnny Depp: He's been Ichabod Crane, Edward Scissorhands, Captain Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka. What's not to enjoy about Depp's quirky characters?

-Will Smith: How many times has Will Smith saved the world? I've lost count. He's the actor we turn to when our planet is in big trouble. Next up on the save the universe tour is I AM LEGEND.

-Shemar Moore: He was that hunky guy on the short-lived WB series Birds of Prey. And he's my personal favorite on the list.

-Ben Affleck: He's no Spiderman. But this Daredevil had enough charm to catch Jennifer Garner. And the only thing cooler than their onscreen chemistry is the soundtrack which gave us Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life".

-Will Yun Lee: This season Lee's doing best to make The Bionic Woman live long enough to get picked up next year but he's no stranger to SF/Fantasy. Earlier this year he was a kick-butt angel in the ABC Family mini-series Fallen. And you if actually saw Elektra, then you're remember him from that. He's a good actor, I just hope he gets better SF roles.

22 comments:

SQT said...

Good list. The only glaring omission (in my totally unbiased and not at all obsessive opinion) is Hugh Jackman.

Mmmmm, Wolverine.

I'm betting a few nominations for Daniel Craig pop up too. Laura Croft, James Bond-- that seems to qualify him.

SolShine7 said...

I can't believe they missed Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh from Heroes). He's dreamy.

DesLily said...

I can't say that Ben Affleck does a thing for me.. the rest are good.. and OH YEAH Hugh Jackman definately needs to be on that list!!!! (and for ladies my age.. Sean Connery will always be there!)

Charles Gramlich said...

I liked the Blade Trinity guy. He was hilarious in that movie. The best thing in it.

SolShine7 said...

Charles, you're so right.

Alex said...

Ben Effing Affleck?!?! Good god!

I'm suprised nobody has chimed in with a nomination for Crichton (Ben Browder) yet. Every girl I know, who has seen Farscape or Party of Five, is in love with him.

I have a bit of a man-crush on him, myself.

I mean that in the most hetero way possible, of course. haha

SQT said...

Alex, I don't know why I didn't notice Affleck on the list before. My eyes must've glazed over when the name appeared.

Crichton should be on there. And Jamie Bamber is definitely better than Affleck, though a bit short for my taste.

the sandman said...

You forgot that MacAvoy was also Leto Atreides in Children of Dune...which I have to say is much more Sci Fi then CoN.

Bendygurl said...

I agree with Solshine, Sendhil Ramamurthy is just about the HOTTEST thing on tv right now. Yowza!

My list of the current hottest guys of scifi:

David Tennant as Doctor Who is totally adorkable.

John Barrowman as Captain Jack Hotness...er...Harkness from Torchwood is totally yummy.

Jamie Bamber as Apollo on BSG and THE TOWEL SCENE. 'Nuff said!

Kyle Schmid as Henry Fitzroy on Blood Ties is total vamp hotness.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

What about the women? Who can we have there?

Carl V. said...

Can't really comment on the sexiness factor of my sex, but I have to say that these are good choices from the roles they play. Ryan Reynolds especially, who singlehandedly made Blade 3 a fun movie.

SolShine7 said...

Good one Bendygurl. Kyle Schmid should have been on this year's People's sexiest men alive list. He's wicked hot.

Tracy said...

That was my absolute favorite part of Blade Trinity!!

operating agreement

SQT said...

Jean-luc

That will be the next list.

Alex said...

Give me permission for one day. I'll make that post, and you know if anyone was going to put a lot of thought into it, it would definitely be me!

Drool... scifi/fantasy chicks!

SQT said...

Alex, I'll give you permission as long as there are no nude photos. I know that's tough, but still...

Alex said...

Of me, or of the scifi chicks?

SQT said...

Oh, I forgot who I was talking to. Neither one!

Alex said...

Well, what fun is that?

Fab said...

I like Ryan Renolds! He was funny in Two guys a girl and a pizza place. He could do a mean impersenation of Captain Kirk or William Shatner (there is a fine line between both of them).

weenie said...

Ben Browder, Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig.

Any order.

One a time.

Or all together! ;-)

Mary L said...

I agree with all the ones who wanted Ben Browder (yummy). LOL.

I guess there is always someone else to add.