Saturday, October 20, 2007

More Personal Stuff You Don't Care About

So we got the house. I'm totally boggled. We didn't intend to buy so quick but the deal was too good to pass up. I literally spent the first day sitting in my recliner in a daze. I'm not the jump-up-and-down-get-excited type, I'm more the stare-off-into-space-in-shock type. But it's sinking in and I'm very excited. It's so bizarre though. My parents are losing their house just as I'm buying mine. Not good. Fortunately they're not trying to move in with me. I spent the first day kind of obsessively worrying about that after my dad threw out some broad hints. But I let my mom know that I had no intention of letting that happen and she agreed it would be a disaster. Thank God. So blogging. I have no idea what to post. I'm am all flustered and not at all my normal self. Ideas would be welcome at this point. And if no ideas are forthcoming patience is also good. I have a ton of books to review and I'm going to have to decide which ones I can part with to have guest reviewers. The problem is that my success rate with guest reviewers is about 50% since about half the people who have received books have not come back with a review. So I'm skeptical about continuing the practice. I don't know. I will have to think on that. I'm rambling aren't I? Seriously, I am totally discombobulated right now.

15 comments:

S.M.D. said...

Umm, what about my recent post on my site about a literary canon of SF/F works...that's a place to start :D

Crunchy Carpets said...

Wow..awesome...and plan on doing my review today.

Sorry....and I want to review more books to AND do it in a timely fashion....

trying to post more again these days..the daycare thing is killing me.

Again congrats..

pussreboots said...

Congratulations on the house. I would love to help you review books. :D

SQT said...

Crunchy

I wasn't thinking of you per the reviews. I already know you've got a ton going on.

Puss

Great. When I decide what I can bear to part with I'll put you at the top of the list.

Lee said...

Congrats on the house! How exciting!

As for ideas, I'm fresh out.

Asara said...

Super congrats on the house!!! :) My book came in the mail last week, and I'm about halfway through. Trying to juggle that and get my Stephen King read for RIP II before Halloween, but I'm managing! :) I'm really enjoying it, too.. I hope to have something for you by Friday at the latest.

DesLily said...

wow! Congrats !!! How exciting! a whole new house to whip in shape before christmas LOL LOL ..ya needed that! hahaha

SQT said...

Thanks Asara, I appreciate it. I'm going to put one up later today and I'll probably have another in a day or two. So if you want to do your Stephen King one first go ahead. I don't want you to feel rushed.

Lee

Thanks!

Deslily

Yeah, timing it during the holiday season was a bright idea huh?

Robert said...

That's awesome, congrats! A friend of mine just bought a house as well. Must be that time of the year :D

Sorry about your parents though. Hopefully things will work out for them.

I'm sure you'll be busy with the new house and everything else going on, but I hope you get to spend some time on your blog :D

Charles Gramlich said...

Breathe, breathe. And congrats.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Discombobulated is the word of the day. Well done on getting your house.

Fab said...

I don't mind you rambling on - just so glad for you you got the house! And that your parents aren't moving in!

Congrats, Sqt!

Avery DeBow said...

Congratulations on the house. Is this your first?

The Curmudgeon said...

How terrifyi-- no, no, exciting for you to get the house. Congratulations with that.

Hope your parents can get back on an even keel, too.

Matt said...

Congratulations!