Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Comfort Viewing

You know, I think I'm due to steal another post from Sci-fi Signal. I mean, it's been months hasn't it? Fortunately, John put up the perfect post for thieves like me. If you could only pick 5 movies (I'm assuming sci-fi/fantasy--but not necessarily) to watch (you know, the desert island type of scenario) what would they be? Here are mine: Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark Star Wars: Episode 4 of course Blade Runner Batman Begins Terminator (1 or 2) These are not meant to be the best movies ever, just what you could watch over and over. And let me tell you, when you mull it over, it's tough. I keep wanting to add The Matrix and Serenity, but I'll stick with my first choices.

10 comments:

John said...

Not to pick nits, but it was actually me who posted that. JP was busy ordering Star Wars merchandise for his imaginary friends. :)

SQT said...

Ooops! I looked on the wrong line. All fixed now.

---his imaginary friends like Star Wars too huh? ;)

DesLily said...

i see a small pattern towards Harrison Ford here! LOL.. I think we should just take him with us to that island and chuck the movies! lol

SQT said...

He he, I didn't even notice the three of my top five had Harrison. It's a subconscious obsession.

Avery DeBow said...

I'd also pick the original Star Wars. Also, Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, Escape from New York, The Fellowship of the Ring.

SQT said...

Oh Quentin Tarrantino. Despite the violence I find his films captivating. I thought about Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill too, but decided to stick with my old standbys.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This will provoke a few opinions. Whatever their favourites are, they are the ones they would want one a desert island.

pussreboots said...

Let's see:

5th Element
Stargate
POC: Curse of the Black Pearl
Ninth Gate
Bladerunner (for the Harrison Ford quotient)

Matt said...

This is a tough one because although I really like Blade Runner, I don't know if watching it will raise my spirits while stranded on a deserted island.

Same thing goes for movies like Castaway. Watching it would be like peeing on an open wound.

ShadowFalcon said...

I'm too embrassed by my choices to say...