Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Gathering Place For All Fans

Is anyone planning to attend the San Diego Comic Con this year? I haven't gone in years, but it used to be a total blast. It has long since stopped being just about comics. Many movies and tv shows are happy to hype their product AND their actors. Captain Jack of Dr. Who and Torchwood fame is attending this year! Yay. It is a huge con. The lineups can be daunting. But the panels are usually quite fun in a totally nerd /geek out way. The variety of topics is the best. Aaaah the memories of San Diego.

11 comments:

Stewart Sternberg said...

I live in Michigan. sigh. And I'm poor. double sigh. No San Diego convention for me. But I tell you, I would run to attend if I lived anywhere near there. Actually, my wife and I have been discussing places to move to and San Diego has become part of the discussion.

Crunchy Carpets said...

I love San Diego and yes I would move there too...

SQT said...

I can't do cons yet, I'd have to take my 3-year-old son and I just don't have the energy for that. Maybe when the kids are a bit older they'll even want to go.

Crunchy Carpets said...

we haven't gone since we had kids...the cost and hassle...eesh.

sfgirl said...

Howdy, Teresa, you schmoozer! Check out my latest blog post... :)

Fab said...

I'd love to go at least once. But for the moment a trip across the atlantic is a bit too costly. I visit the comic con site for the programme and guests regularly. I shouldn't do that. It's torture cause I can't go.

Bruce said...

Actually according to a Dr Who site Capt Jack can't make it due to his schedule.

Carl V. said...

Someday.....this one and A.P.E. are dreams of mine that I hope come true someday.

DesLily said...

hey Fab.... ever consider a London Con?? check this one out..
http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.html
It has some really good guests!

Fab said...

Deslily,

A London trip would be more in the lines of my budget. Red Dwarf doesn't do Con's anymore, do they?

I'll check the link. Thank you.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Looks like a big event!

Back from vacation!