Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blog Awards

I am the worlds worst procrastinator. You have no idea. I have been accumulating blog awards on my sidebar and I have not been passing them on. The first one goes all the way back to April. **hangs head in shame**

The thing is, I really appreciate it when someone passes on some blog love in this way. As I am sure you all know, blogging isn't exactly lucrative for most of us, so the only reinforcement we get is recognition from other bloggers that we are not wasting our time. So in appreciation to the bloggers who passed these on to me, and the authors of those blogs I visit everyday, I am passing these on. Finally.



My first award was the Thinking Blogger Award from Crunchy Carpets. Since I like to tell myself that I use my brain from time to time, it's gratifying to see that at least one other person occasionally feels that way about me as well. So here's to the blogs that I feel are authored by some smart people who put more than their fair share of thought into their blog posts.

Stewart Sternberg
Avery DeBow
Allie D.
Deslily
Lee

And just so you know, I would have passed on this award to several other bloggers, including The Curmudgeon and Sfgirl, but they already have received the award.

The next award I got was The Rockin' Girl Blogger from Deslily. The fabulous women I'd like to pass this on to are--

Faberdatch
Scifi Chick
Allie D.
Shadowfalcon
Irene
Mist1
Asara

Again, there are lots of other ladies I would love to pass this on to, but they already have been given the award. But I must mention Crunchy Carpets, Bee, Neila and Reflecting Pool, because they do, in fact, rock.

Lastly, I received The Schmoozing Blogger Award from Sfgirl. This one requires a little explanation and Sfgirl has an excellent description on her blog about what this award is about-- allowing for a little plagiarism on my part. Who me? Plagiarize?

"Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."

So my favorite schmoozers are--

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator
Carl
Kate S.
Crunchy Carpets
Morgen
Mist1

Blogging champions, Bee and The Curmudgeon already have this one too, as well they should.

Now I don't know if the people I mentioned are into bloggy stuff like this. But I hope all of you accept these in the spirit in which they are intended. I think all of you are very special and it's a huge compliment when you stop in and say hello.

Whew! I finally (finally!) took care of some overdue business. Next, I get to do a meme passed on to me by Scifi Chick.

I should really get to this stuff sooner.

20 comments:

sfgirl said...

Whew! Those WERE a lot of awards, Teresa! But well deserved!!! :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

As SfGirl says, they are well deserved.

Fab said...

Thank you Sqt, for this nice surprise!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

awww. nice sqt. very nice.

smiles, bee

reagu said...

great work. thanks for the inspiration.

The Curmudgeon said...

Thank you for thinking of me.

SQT said...

You're welcome Curmudgeon. I am kicking myself right now for not mentioning Captian Picard though. I did mean to put you up too Jean-Luc, but you also already had the awards.

avery said...

I'm honored--and a little excited. The last award I got for something other than schoolwork was when I was seven and I won a rock skipping contest. I'm twisting paper into a statue shape to present to myself at this very moment. Now, if I can just squeeze the cats into their tuxedos...

Thanks very much.

Carl V. said...

Thanks!!! I hate to disagree with you though, I am the world's worst procrastinator, not you. ;)

crunchycarpets said...

Why thank you....
and I gotta say...these award things..while I love tootin the horn of any of my fave's PLUS I tend to find NEW blogs to read when folks do stuff like this....I get all in a cerfuffle about this stuff because I want to give awards and accolades to all my fave's...how do you pick!!!???

And you totally deserve those and many more..you do a bang up job with this site and I consider you a great friend...who I have never met but maybe one day will!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thanks for the award. I'm glad that I've got the schmooze you can use.

Stewart Sternberg said...

It's always good to be recognized, ain't it? By the way, I'm still getting crazy blog traffic due to 01-18-08. Crazy.

Kate S said...

Aww, thanks! That was a nice surprise. :)

Alex said...

Congratulations on winning that award for being both female and a blogger. I'm sure you worked very hard to achieve both of those difficult criteria!

*snicker*


Sorry. I don't mean to be snarky. I just think it's ridiculous how many awards women think up for being women who happen to do something everyone is capable of doing.

Okay, so maybe I do mean to be snarky, but that doesn't militate against my point.

SQT said...

It's alright to snark Alex. It's like I said, we don't get anything for blogging so we might as well give ourselves awards. For what it's worth, there is a guy equivalent to the "rockin' girl" award-- though I forget what it's called at the moment.

Didn't you get one? :D

SQT said...

Oh btw Crunchy, I've been meaning to thank you for such a nice comment. I hope we get to meet someday too.

Alex said...

Even if it was the same lovely shade of pink, I wouldn't display it on my blog.

Maybe if someone gave me an award for being the most sarcastic jerkoff on the internet, I might be tempted.

SQT said...

You know Alex, now that you asked for it, someone will probably come up with that award just for you.

Alex said...

That's because most people on the internet have no lives.

SQT said...

Or it could simply be that they want to get away from the kids now and then.

I'm just sayin' I can relate.