Sunday, May 06, 2007

Inspiration... Or the Lack Of....

I kind of feel like I've been a bad blogger lately. I kind of pigeonholed myself by choosing to do a blog that is all fantasy/sci-fi and sometimes it's just plain hard to think of stuff to post. So I do apologize for all the YouTube posts and surveys, but hey, sometimes you just need filler right? Usually I can find inspiration by cruising other sci-fi type blogs or even some of my friends, but lately I've been a little distracted. I'm trying to do a little writing so I can enter a Writers Digest contest this month. (Any aspiring writers reading this, go to writersdigest.com and check it out) So hopefully the friends I'm used to seeing here will bear with me a little bit. I haven't had a chance yet to see the new Spiderman movie or anything else that I could handily review here, but I will try to think of something to put up in the very near future. If, however, anyone had any suggestions or bright ideas, I'm all for it. Let me know if there's anything you've been itching to talk about. If not, have a good Monday and I promise to get back to some real posting soon.

10 comments:

Fab said...

Sqt, it's ok. Sometimes inspiration comes like that *click*, and other times it's waiting for the muses to do their job.

I like the quote though.

Michael Leonard Fisher said...

Hey! I was an engineer once! OK - if the shoe fits ( change your socks ).

Its OK. All writers get blocked. Wishing you the best of luck on your Writer's Digest submissions.

-- Mike at What's Happening, Vegas?

UFR said...

I've got some ideas for you. I'll e-mail them to you later in the day.

Crunchy Carpets said...

I can be tough....dh used to spend ages cruising the sites for movie news, etc for stories.

avery said...

Are you entering the 76th Annual Competition or the short story one? Either way, get in there and show them a thing or two about genre writers!

SQT said...

Right now I'm entering the short story contest. Oddly, I'm not entering a fantasy story, but more of a thriller. But at least I'm entering someting.

mist1 said...

It bothers me when people say they are bad bloggers or they apologize for filler or taking a brief hiatus. I don't know why that bugs me, it just does. I feel like Stuart Smalley. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like you.

When I need inspiration, I can't read other people's blogs. I am afraid that I will just absorb their posts and write something that isn't quite me.

Instead, I create situations and let the antics begin. I feel sort of like a director or something. You pity the people in my community now, don't you?

SQT said...

Mist, you are a pure genius. I think you are a comedy writer who has not been found yet (or perhaps you have been found.......?).

Sorry if my bad blogger apology offended you. Or should I not apologize for that? I'm very confused.

Lee said...

I can see how trying to stick to the sci-fi subject matter could become very difficult after a while. I, for one, wouldn't mind a bit if you posted about whatever tickled your fancy. I think you're funny and smart and read you even though I barely dabble in the sci-fi world.

So there. :)

SQT said...

*blush*

Thanks Lee!

I've been thinking about using my other blog for other posts. I use it now mostly for small bits of fiction writing but it would be a good outlet for those days when I don't feel like being all science fictiony and stuff.