A little while back our resident heretic, Stewart Sternberg, blasphemed most heinously by suggesting (cover your eyes, gentle readers) that "Star Trek Sucks!" There was, to put it mildly, some unrest amongst the goodfolk of this parish. The witch-burning was due for yesterday (marshmallows provided) but has been delayed due to bad weather. Mr Sternberg has taken advantage of the interregnum, and has escaped to the hills, whence he continues to preachify his unnatural preachins. HOWEVER, in his desperation to escape, he left behind him his blasphemous bible, The Big Book of Science Fiction and Fantasy Heresies. It is not known who committed these horrifying notions to paper (or human skin, as I suspect it may be). Obviously, it must be destroyed (Think of the children! Won't somebody please think of the children?) but I've managed to take a sneak peak and have recorded some of the vilest entries. Read on, if you dare...
1. "Ja Ja Binks isn't all that bad, really, I mean, c'mon, Star Wars is a kids film"
2. "All in all, you can see why the Stargate SG-1 has been going for ten seasons, when Firefly didn't even get through one. It's just a better show."
3. "The writers of Lost know how it's going to end. It's certianly not going to be a hastily cobbled together mishmash of storylines filmed on a drastically reduced budget like the final season of Alias."
4. "Bobba Fett's a bit shit, really, isn't he?"
5. "The poems in Lord of the Rings are really great!"
6. "I miss Captain Janeway, don't you?"
7. "I was never sexually attracted to anyone in Buffy."
8. "When you think about it, you start to realise that the best sci-fi around is on the Oxygen network. Those repeats of Touched by an Angel knock BSG into a cocked hat."
9. "The X-Files was so much better without Mulder. I never got that guy."
10. "Those Eragon books are crap, aren't they?"
11. "Serenity was a let down. I hate Joss Whedon"
12. "The Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy movie is funnier than the books."
13. "I hope Robert Jordan's got another eleven volumes of The Wheel of Time, I just love how it keeps getting longer and longer."
14. "Wil Wheaton is hot."
Alas! Gentle readers, I can bring myself to write no more! I feel mine very soul being rent from mine breast (ahem). But if you brave souls have heard of any other science fiction heresies, blasphemies, or just out-and-out SINFUL SPEAKINGS, add them to the comments... I'm going to Confession.