Wednesday, April 18, 2007

200 Big Ones......

Yep. 200 posts. You were counting weren't you? Okay, you weren't. But it's a milestone of sorts, isn't it? I don't even know, except I notice a lot of people on other blogs trumpeting the fact that they have hit 100, 200 and so on. Not that there's anything wrong with that. So to commemorate 200 posts on this humble blog, I'm going to do something I should have done a long time ago; pay homage to the wonderful people who regularly post on this blog so that I have 200 posts to brag about. Crunchy Carpets: I ran into Crunchy while I was blog hopping and thought wow, I have a lot in common with this person; and that was before I knew I had found another sci-fi geek-- who just so happens to be married to a fellow sci-fi geek. Crunchy has become integral to this blog IMO, not only for her kind of in-the-know perspective on the sci-fi community, but also for her quick wit and often funny comments. Crunchy's name is even a great reflection on her personality. She's grounded, real and I feel privileged to have her here. Stewart Sternberg: There's no greater compliment than having someone like Stewart not only visit, but post on my blog. Stewart is one Hell of a writer and mentor. I love his sense of the macabre, which so often finds its way into his posts, and his appreciation of the ridiculous. He loves controversy and debate but always remains a gentleman (don't let him tell you otherwise). His blog is often my first stop of the day just because I can't wait to see what got his attention today. Truly, a man who is never dull. Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Jon was one of the first blogs I started going to regularly. I hadn't seen blogs like his before. He had running stories on his blog about, well, himself: funny stories about his adventures as a Space Gladiator-- needless to say, I was hooked. I actually talked Jon into his first post on this blog, a book review, and lucky for me he continued to post. I love Jon's sense of humor and his imagination and I am always curious to see what he comes up with next. Hey There Skippy: Skippy has possibly one of the funniest blogs I go to. Always irreverent, Skippy's blog usually makes me laugh out loud. Skippy was another one I was lucky enough to coerce into posting on my blog; and thank goodness. Otherwise, who would I have to post about Dr. Who? (never underestimate the importance of Dr. Who) But I am especially lucky that Skippy shares his wit with us; it always brightens up my day. Solshine: Solshine is a kindred spirit. She calls her blog, Sci-fi/Journalist, and the first time I saw it I thought that could be me. You know, sci-fi blog, Journalism degree and all... never mind, this isn't about me. Solshine always comes up with cool stuff: great videos and imaginative topics. And if that wasn't enough, she has her own sci-fi blog, but still posts here too. I love Solshine's reviews too. (on her blog) Too many people are kind of wishy-washy on reviews, but not Solshine; she tells you what she really thinks. I love that! Odd Mix: Odd Mix is probably my shyest poster. He did tell me when he first came on as a contributor that he probably wouldn't be able to post much. But so what. He's a cool guy with a farm and a beautiful family. He took time out of his busy life to email me and tell me how much he liked my blog. How nice is that? And without his contribution, I wouldn't be at 200 posts quite yet-- so he must be included. Seriously though, if you haven't visited, you should. He's a good guy. My sincerest thanks go out to all of you. This blog is waaaaay better with all your contributions. This blog has become a reflection of the personalities who post here as well as my regular visitors-- who must also be thanked! If you haven't visited the following blogs, well, what's wrong with you? Captain Picard's Journal Alex (adult content) Sci-fi Chick Curmudgeon Mist1 Faberdatch Asara Avery Deslily Morgen Empress Bee Lee Lee Old Bitter Balls (adult content) Professor Xavier Mike Kate S. Jedimerc Scotty Neila Sgt Dub Nurse Ratched I hope I didn't forget anyone... So thanks everyone for indulging my blogging habit and sharing your time with me.

27 comments:

mist1 said...

Clearly, I will have to work harder to get "adult content" next to my name.

Congrats on your 200.

SQT said...

Lol

I can certainly add that if you'd like. Mostly, I was trying to warn people (who might have kids) about certain....ah....pictures.

Michael Leonard Fisher said...

Thanks for thinking of me, one of your loyal fans. I'm glad I came across your blog, & I love to read it. I can't get enough Fantasy & Sci-Fi! Wishing you thousands of more blog entries!

-- Mike on WHV

Fab said...

Congrat's on your 200th! I'm touched I made your list. I stumbled on your blog by accident through Stewart's blog. I haven't stopped dropping by since. Sqt, keep up the nice posts!

Hey there, Skippy said...

Oh, you terrible old flatterer, you!

Thanks for the kudos, SQT - and congratulations on 200! It's more than a blog, it's a public service and we're all massively grateful to you for running it so nicely.

I'm pleased, aslo, to see that my blog has not been marked as "adult content" as it is extremely childish. Infantile, some might say...

Hey there, Skippy said...

Oops... anyway, there's a congratulations present for you over at Hey there Skippy
here

DesLily said...

Congrats on the big 200 !

I'm glad I found this blog and I've pushed it whenever I know someone into sci-fi/ fantasy! It's one of my enjoyments of each day!

oddmix said...

I'm still here! See... over here. Way back in the corner with my nose in a book, a pacifier in my pocket protector, and manure on my boots.

Seriously, I do read here often, but I usually find that somebody has already said the brilliantly witty or insightful thing I was thinking of saying. *sigh*

oddmix said...

Oh, yeah. And Congrats on the 200 mark! 199 if you don't count my one meager post. ;)

The Curmudgeon said...

Congratulations on your milestone.

And having regular contributors as you do may be the future of blogging -- that way the blog never bogs down as the sole proprietor gets burned out or called away to attend other matters....

Crunchy Carpets said...

Congrats SQT!
This is a great site and I love the people who hang here...the comments are always fun always fresh and lively....there is a high caliber of readers here and I love learning about new things to check out and new ideas...and yes Stewart IS a gentleman and Skippy is NOT adult!

hee...

SQT said...

Mike

Thanks for still coming here.

Fab

I'm happy to have you as part of the group.

Skippy

I am shameless aren't I?

Deslily

I like it when I find like minded people too.

Oddmix

Glad to hear from you.

Curmudgeon

It's always a happy day when I log on and see someone else has posted.

Crunchy

Correct as always.

squirrel said...

Congratualations on your 200th post!!

Alex said...

I don't think "Adult Content" fully describes the levels of depravity into which I sink at times on my blog. Maybe something like "Completely Morally Bankrupt Corrupter of Youth" would be a better label for me.

Kate S said...

Aw, thanks for the mention, Sqt. You've got a stellar line-up at this place - congratulations and keep up the good work. :)

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey congrats on 200 and thanks for the thanks.

I've got ideas for more posts, I just have to work on them a little...

SQT said...

Squirrel

Thanks!

Alex

Lol! Well, whatever you think is appropriate.

Kate S.

I appreciate that you come by.

Jon

Like I said before, anytime someone posts, I'm a happy camper.

Lee said...

I'm not sure Old Bitter Balls should have an Adult Content warning as much as a Weak Stomach warning. ;)

It's been a pleasure reading you!

SQT said...

Lee

Yeah, OBB is a class unto himself.

It's been a pleasure being read. ;)

Travis said...

Congrats on 200 posts for the blog. I love to celebrate milestones.

**tosses brightly colored confetti and flaming walnuts**

Crunchy Carpets said...

Old bitter ball...can we get t-shirts?

SolShine7 said...

It looks like I'm late to the party but...congrats on your 200 SQT!!! This blog is one of my favorites. I've been a fan since I found it off SciFiChick's links. And I'm glad I did!

Thanks for the kinds words. It's been a blast contributing my two cents.

Here's to another 200!!!!

Carl V. said...

Congrats on hitting 200!!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy 200th post! You've developed a strong following with a super blog.

weenie said...

Well done on hitting 200!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

congratulations! i posted my 500th post today too... hope you have time to come by.

smiles, bee

SGT DUB said...

Awh, shucks ma'am. Thank you. I do enjoy reading here. I'm not the biggest sci-fi fan, but I do enjoy them tremendously.