Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Don't Usually Put Up Two Posts a Day, But......

My friend Mike sent me a bloggers poem that reflects my frustration with losing a blog post. Bloggers' Night Before Christmas 'Twas the night before Christmas, and inside each house Was a blogger quite busy with keyboard and mouse. A post each one published on Blogger with care; Then viewed the results with a horrified stare. They wistfully thought of their comfortable beds While dealing with problems that each blogger dreads: The bloggers on Beta are caught in a trap They cannot revert though their blogs turned to cr*p. Blogger has always got something the matter Both versions have problems, not just the latter: Our lengthiest posts disappear in a flash To see our file uploads we must delete cache The style sheet's gone crazy, but why we don't know The sidebar's no longer beside, it's below Your blog skin and link list may soon disappear Along with your archives for most of the year Unless you go back up your template, and QUICK You might lose it all with just one ill-timed click. And if all of that is too much of a pain You'd better ask Santa for your own domain. Quick Note: That Zeroes video? Turns out it wasn't just a homemade parody. NBC produced it to hype the show. Kind of disappointing huh?

8 comments:

Fab said...

Nice poem and so true.

jedimerc said...

I echo the above sentiments, and your frustration. I have had long posts and comments disappear into ether, and probably reformed into some Nigerian bank fraud email :)

Scotty said...

Great poem, SQT. Have you seen this more general lament for users of PC's?

Abort, Retry, Ignore?

SolShine7 said...

LOL. Good one!

SQT said...

I like that one Scotty!

The Curmudgeon said...

It is a good poem.

But -- and I hope I'm not jinxing myself -- I've had more troubles with comments -- especially long ones -- than with my own posts.

Although I believe your blog still holds the record for longest comment received, SQT.

SQT said...

Although I believe your blog still holds the record for longest comment received, SQT.

I'm honored. :)

I had a lot of problems commenting until I switched to the new blogger, then the commenting issues pretty much went away. But writing my posts has now become much more uncertain. Frankly, I'd rather deal with the comment issues since they're usually not so long and involved as my posts. Usually.

Omni said...

Hi!! I'm flattered that you liked my poem!! I'd appreciate it if you'd credit it to me, and include a link to where it appears on my blog

Click here to see it

in your post

Thanks!! :-)