Thursday, March 29, 2007

Alien Fruit

My little sister makes a killer cheesecake that's cooler than James Bond in a tux. She can spew out all kind of culinary terms as fast as my little brother can quote sports figures. So it was no surprise when she said she would be attending culinary school in the fall. One of the perks of having a sister who's a serious foodie is that I get to borrow all of her cool cookbooks. I was browsing through one of them this morning and then sometime odd occured...I felt like I was looking at something off the SciFi Channel. Some fruits look really strange, almost alien. Here are a few of God's interesting little creations: 1. Passion Fruit - Have you seen the inside of one of these? It looks like something you would serve to little green men from Mars. 2. Pomegranates - I know they're supposed to be super healthy for you but why does it look like at any given moment one of those pods will awaken and bite the tip of your tongue off. 3. Papaya - Sure these are great in smoothies but what would happen if legs sprouted out of those tiny black seeds? Umm..yuck. 4. White peaches - friendly peaches by day, blood suckers by night. And don't even get me started on vegetables...that's a whole other weird world .

7 comments:

mist1 said...

I love the pomegranate. Buddha's Hand is the freakiest fruit I've eaten. Dorian fruit is the most repulsive thing on earth.

SQT said...

White peaches - friendly peaches by day, blood suckers by night.

Gotta watch out for the white fruit.

SolShine7 said...

I've never had a Buddha's hand before. I should Google it.

Yeah...those white fruit are deadly. ;)

chrisd said...

Casaba melons and Calamondin are freaky.

chrisd said...

And pomelos-they're like grapefruits but on steroids. Gross.

Fab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fab said...

In Spain I ate some weird peaches: paraguayos. They look like peaches someone squashed, but they are really sweet. They look like an alien experiment gone bad.