Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Who Would You Nominate For President?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've gotten about a bazillion phone calls this last month from every party under the sun pushing their candidate. And I couldn't help think that there really hasn't been any candidates in just about forever that I felt any particular desire to vote for. But how cool would it be if you could vote for your favorite superhero? (For the sake of this poll, the office will be for President, even though we didn't just have a Presidential election) What would the best qualifications be? Professor Xavier of the X-Men might be a really good choice. After all, he can read minds so he'd really know if the North Koreans were thinking about nuking us. He could probably even change Kim Jong-il's mind without the man even knowing about it. Or what about Superman? He could stop a bomb before it even landed on the earth. And if he missed the first time he does have the handy-dandy talent of being able to reverse time if necessary. Though he might be a little to busy saving people to take the job of President. Batman might be good. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. Plus there is the intimidation factor of the mask. The other diplomats won't have any idea what he's thinking. Since I just did a post on Hercules, he does come to mind. He's obviously strong and he does have the ear of his father Zeus; who knows when those lightning bolts might come in handy? So, who would you nominate?

15 comments:

Stewart Sternberg said...

My fellow Americans, I have decided to run for President of the United States in 2008. I know there are some who have accused me and my ilk of being reckless vigilantes, but I have always had the greatest respect for the American criminal justice system. As a defense attorney and as a crime fighting superhero, I have seen both sides of the system. If I have been too enthusiatic in my pursuit of justice, it is because I dearly love this country and its tradition of freedom and independence.

I have served the public my entire life and ask for your vote to continue to do so on a broader scale. While I have little experience with foreign policy, other than independent work that I've done with SHIELD, I have a solid grounding in domestic issues.

Please, support Matt Murdock aka Daredevil for president.

Crunchy Carpets said...

Yeeeeah...Matt Murdock...lawyer....good presidential back ground!!

SQT said...

But a lawyer who's willing to take the law into his own hands. Unique qualifications for sure.

nevins manafe said...

I vote for Nunchuk Nate!

Irene said...

You've been tagged! Give me four! c",)

DesLily said...

ok I think Hercules (sorbo) would be a good one.. and Iolaus for vice President... I think then I would actually watch the presidential speeches! heh..

choochoo said...

I've never seen a candidate for any election that made me go "yay" either. Oh well.

Maybe you should start calling -them- and feeding -them- with information that they have no interest in.

Empress Bee said...

no question, scott adams. hands down. he has more common sense than any human i have ever known of in my whole wide world of life bar none. if you read his dilbert blog every day like i do you will soon see what i am talking about. he is non-political, but has COMMON SENSE, what a breath of fresh air that would be.

vice president, nunchuck nate. good choice i think, he would get along well with scott adams and keep a little humor in the mix.

secretary of defense, my sweet charlie. he would defend us with his last breath, have no fear.

secretary of state, capt. picard because he is a take-charge kind of guy and knows all kinds of stuff i know nothing about but it sounds cool. he could wow them at the secret talks table wherever in the universe that is.

treasury secretary. the curmudgeon because he can keep a big check in his desk drawer for a really long time and that shows character and stamina.

supreme court, barb at skittles because she knows lots of cool stuff and has lots of clip art and she could entertain herself during the long lawyer speeches and they would think she was listening and taking notes.

secretary of agriculture, laura at fungi thinking because she know about stuff that grows and makes me think about it.

now what about that? bee

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Seems pretty clear to me that Batman would be the best president we could ever hope for.

SQT said...

I feel so inadequate after going to Dave's site. I just had a short little post with a few candidates and he really laid it out for us. Boy, that guy is thorough.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Bee!

The Curmudgeon said...

SQT: Dave who?

And, thanks, Bee for your nomination.

And -- just slightly off topic -- I seem to remember a cartoon from my youth in which a superhero was the President. (I think it was called "Super President.") Does anyone else remember that? And was it as bad as I remember it being?

SQT said...

Curmudgeon

Dave over at Dave's Long Box, good site.

I'm afraid I don't remember the Super President. Sounds like a good research project.

SQT said...

My husband came up with a good one. He suggested Wonder Woman as Attorney General. Since she has the lasso of truth she'd make a good head cop.

He said that she'd have to wear her traditional top though. Because it has the eagle and all...

Asara Dragoness said...

I gotta go with The Sphinx. He's incredibly mysterious, so he'd be awesome at those government cover-up things, and he can cut guns in half with his mind, so it'd be a snap to disarm the world and usher in a new era of world peace!
(sorry, I am in a bit of a silly mood. I blame lack of sleep!)