Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ode to Hugh Jackman

I've been running short on time lately, Halloween and all. (2 kids you know...) So I've been a little pressed to put up a new post. Or should I say, a post of any quality. So I'm just going to put up a short ode to my favorite Sci-fi action hero; Wolverine aka the man of my dreams, Hugh Jackman. I first saw Hugh in the first X-Men movie and have had a bit (OK, a lot) of a crush on him since. Lucky for me the casting director of the movie didn't decide to go with an actor who was closer to the 5'3" that the comic Wolverine is and went with the 6'2 1/2 Jackman. According to the Wikipedia bio on Jackman they filmed him from different angles to make him appear shorter, though personally I don't really think it made much difference. Happily, Jackman has become very popular in the role and is due to make a film in the near future based on the character. The movie Wolverine last I heard was expected to appear sometime in 2008. Jackman hasn't only done sci-fi/fantasy movies having starred in Van Helsing in 2004 and for those who like romances he starred in Kate & Leopold another movie with fantasy elements like time travel. And he has yet another science fiction movie due out later this month called The Fountain. So that's about it. I just wanted to throw a post out there. Sorry it doesn't have much of a theme other than hey, look at this guy but sometimes you have those days.

12 comments:

Crunchy Carpets said...

I was very surprised at what a good Wolverine he turned out to be.

I think he is great!

I cannot wait to see The Fountain....so excited about that one.

SQT said...

I really wasn't familiar with him until the first X-Men movie, but I haven't shut about him since. ;)

I am looking forward to the Fountain. I haven't heard too much about it, but since it is in the sci-fi/fantasy genre and has Jackman in it what's not to like?

Cymber said...

Ah, Hugh. I was stunned by what a fantastic Wolverine he made. He makes me want to wear something slutty, just so he can cut it to pieces with his knuckle blades and then toss me around for some really hot, animalistic......Oh. Sorry. I forgot this was a public forum for a minute.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hugh Jackman was a ggreat casting choice. I nver did see Kate and Leopold, though, and Van Helsing really wasn't that great of a movie. The Prestige is supposed to be really good, though.

SQT said...

I was a little disappointed in Van Helsing. I liked Hugh just fine :) but the movie didn't live up to it's potential. I haven't seen Kate & Leopold either. I'm not a huge romance fan, though I could probably sit through this one.

I've read some reviews on the Prestige and it is supposed to be very good. Some advance reviews on The Fountain are kind of iffy, though I think as a fan of fantasy I'll probably like it more than most.

Mother Jones RN said...

Oh Honey, he's hot. Wow, maybe I'll start getting into Sci-fi. Oh great, another addiction:-)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Can you imagine Wolverine singing 'Oh What A Beatiful Morning' on 'Oklahmoma'? Jackman did when he was on the London stage.

Hey there, Skippy said...

ah, lovely lovely hugh. we saw him on stage in the london production of "oklahoma"... all we can really recall are his tremendously tight trousers.

we need to go and lie down.

Hey there, Skippy said...

and by way of a ps: the latest execution friday is online and your nominee features prominently, sqt.

The Curmudgeon said...

Jean Luc is right as always! And that show was filmed for American Public Television -- where my Youngest Son saw it. I wouldn't let him turn it off, actually, though he fought like a wildcat. And I kept telling him, "That's Wolverine."

Scarred him for life, I think.

Thanks for stopping by recently. Hope you'll be back.

As for sci-fi books, lately I'm on a Stephen Baxter kick (w/ and w/out Arthur C. Clarke)... and Peter David's Star Trek series (New Frontier) (and I just finished the third Apropos of Nothing installment, too)... and I also read Larry Niven's Destiny Road recently... always looking for good recommendations on this. I'll be back.

Asara Dragoness said...

Ahh, Hugh Jackman is such a hottie.. *flutters*
But my heart will always belong to Jack Sparrow and Legolas, lol!!

DesLily said...

you have wonderful taste in "hero worshiping"! lol