Thursday, November 09, 2006

I've Been Tagged

The lovely Irene over at Pregnant Pauses tagged me with the Four, so I must reveal a little about my myself. Four jobs I have had: Waitress I put myself through college by waiting tables and serving cocktails. Not a bad job for the college aged. Good money without working so many hours that you can't go to school. Reporter Not long after I graduated with a degree in Journalism I worked for a tiny newspaper writing feature articles. The pay was terrible so I had to move on and look for a job that paid better. Associate Producer I worked for a syndicated TV show in L.A. several years ago. My main job was to interview people. Lots of fun and good pay, but Hollywood politics are a pain in the neck, so I returned to Northern Ca and got my... Teacher ..teaching credential and became a 5th grade teacher until my daughter was born. Now my main title is Mom. Four TV shows I love to watch: Battlestar Galactica By far my favorite. I think this show is the best on TV right now. I could go on and on and bore you to tears so I'll just say it's the BEST! Criminal Minds I like watching them try to get inside the heads of all the psychos on the show. I know it's fake (I have a friend who has a sister in the FBI) but I still enjoy it. Medium Supernatural elements appeal to me (obviously) so this show makes my list. Plus, I think Patricia Arquette's a pretty good actress. Prison Break Like most women I think the main attraction is Wentworth Miller, followed closely by Dominick Purcell. Four of my favorite foods: Brownies Chocolate heaven. I can whip up a batch from scratch at any given moment. Chicken Fried Steak I don't eat it very often, but boy is it gooooood. I especially like it with mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits. Like I said, I don't eat it often... Pizza YUM! Thick or pan crust is best. There's a place by me that makes a pizza with caramelized onions and sun dried tomatoes that is to die for. A restaurant I worked at made the best sausage pizza ever and goat cheese calzones that I still miss. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Chocolate and peanut butter, need I say more? Four movies that I could watch over and over: Batman Begins: I love love love this movie. I think it is well crafted from beginning to end. I also think it stays true to the image of the Dark Knight but still manages to avoid the campiness of the earlier Batman movies. Pulp Fiction: Yes it's violent, but it's also fascinating. I still like going back and listening to the dialogue. Star Wars: I saw it when I was seven in the movie theatre and loved it. It's been a favorite ever since and probably has a lot to do with the formation of this blog. The Matrix: I only watch the first one over and over. I think it is so imaginative and interesting. Keanu Reeves isn't exactly the best actor, but the action in this movie is great and the plot line is even better. Four places I have lived: Southern California We moved a lot when I was a kid and I lived all over SoCal. I've lived in Costa Mesa, Irvine, Corona Del Mar, Palm Springs and Palm Desert, and that doesn't even cover all of it. Oregon: We moved to Klamath Falls Oregon when I was in 5th grade and lived there for 5 years. Not much to report, little town that I understand still hasn't changed much. Japan: My minor in college was Japanese, I thought it would make me unique. So I went to school for a semester in Osaka Japan and lived with a family in the small town of Hirakata. Northern California: This is where I live now. I live in the town of Roseville, which is about a half-hour Northeast of Sacramento. It's a nice little suburban town in which to raise kids. Four places I would rather be right now: Getting A Massage Calgon, take me away. Para sailing I did this on vacation in Mexico and loved it. I could do it every day. Australia I've just always wanted to go there. Flying a Helicopter One of my lifelong dreams is to learn how to do this. It'll probably wait until the kids are older, but I will do it by golly! Four people I hope will will respond to my tag: Crunchy Carpets Nate Skippy Lee

7 comments:

Crunchy Carpets said...

alrighty then....

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good answers there.

Irene said...

Let's go munch on Reese's Pieces and pizza while watching Prison break. Wouldn't that be heaven? ;p

I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about you. I'm super glad I chose to tag you! Thanks for playing. c",)

SQT said...

Thanks Jean-Luc!

And thanks Irene. Oh, and yes, that does sound like heaven.

Hey there, Skippy said...

Tagged? Us? Why, we never knew you cared! Hey there, Skippy will be responding over a series of posts, the first one being now available to the general public.

Nate Smith said...

I saw that you tagged me. Damn you Sci Fi Girl! I thought my days of tag were over. I'll play your silly game, but I won't play by your silly rules.

Lee said...

oh dear...one of those pesky rashes again.... ;)