Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another Great Sci-fi Classic

Only in an alternate universe could these people exist. Where else could a stranded movie star wear evening gowns everyday without a dry cleaner? Where else could banana cream pies appear without a cow within a thousand miles? Where else could someone make a bamboo bowling alley? (and yet somehow be unable to fix a hole in a boat) Or how about... A bamboo safe? A bamboo car? A bamboo jail? A bamboo lie detector? Are these people actually from the Twilight Zone?

7 comments:

DesLily said...

hmmm these guys should give lessons to the cast of "Lost"!

SQT said...

Lol

That's right, those guys on "Lost" are a bunch of amateurs!

Stewart Sternberg said...

Well...we've cross from sci fi and fantasy to genre and cult classics. Which is fine by me. I was going to post about BOND, JAMES BOND..only I thought..no.

So, nobody else do it. Bond is mine. Shaken, not stirred.

Oh, and about Gilligan, I probably watched all the original broadcasts. I was a tremendous fan. Ginger didn't hurt.

SQT said...

Stewart

You and I must think alike. I'm going to see the new Bond movie tonight and was thinking about doing a Bond post.

I certainly have no problem leaving it to you though. I look forward to your take on it.

Re: Gilligan

I always liked Mary Ann. :)

Stewart Sternberg said...

Hey, there's plenty of room for most than one post on Bond. I had originally planned on dedicating an entire blog to 007

The Curmudgeon said...

I read all the Ian Fleming books many years ago -- and even though the movies have had nothing to do with them (until now, apparently) I enjoyed them also.

But -- on your post, SQT -- If "Lost" were like Gilligan's Island, I might watch it. I'll bet the Harlem Globetrotters never guest star on "Lost."

And Mary Ann. Definitely Mary Ann.

panthergirl said...

I was always amazed that they packed so many clothes for a "three hour tour"!

Saying hey from michele's...