Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nobody knows the blogs I've seen..................

I mentioned Captain Picard's Journal in my last post and since then I have done some perusing through the blogosphere. Wow! All I can say is Wow! People are inventive to say the least. Since I have established this as a sci-fi/fantasy blog, I'll stick to that subject matter for the purposes of this post. But let me tell you, if you haven't looked around, you should. There's a little something for everyone out there. If you go to a lot of these blogs, you'll notice blog rolls, which are basically links to other blogs. This is how I became aware of a lot of the blogs I've looked at today. Let me list some examples. First, I must start with the one that started it all, Captain Picard's Journal, This one is basically exactly what it sounds like; excerpts from the journal that the Captains of the Enterprise read from at the beginning of the show. Fun posts that are centered in the Star Trek universe, but bring in all kinds of other stuff. Another type of blog that seems really popular (and is related to the Captain Picard blog) are blogs that are named after a fictional character, and the posts are ostensibly written by that character. Here are some favorites that I looked at today. Professor Xavier's Blog Hulk's Diary that is on the Internet Spiderman, the Weblog Batblog If you like comic book's or any of these movies, I urge you to check out these blogs. They're really fun and well done. Another kind of blog that fits into this category are the one's that tell a story in the posts. Usually a continuing one from one post to the next. Here are a few of those. Efira Apoc An Army of (Cl)one Darth Nepharia These are all really good blogs, especially if you like the type and they have lots of links attached to them. So let me know if there are any other's out there I should take a look and I'll bid you good blogging; and say hi for me. ;)

8 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Who is calling me fictional?

SQT said...

Ooops. No offense intended.

You, of course, are real.

Professor Xavier said...

Thanks for the honorable mention!

SQT said...

Thanks for the honorable mention!

No problem. You have a great blog.

JR's Thumbprints said...

There are so many creative ways to blog. Thanks for sharing the Sci-Fi connection.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I visit all of these blogs frequently (though some more frequently than others).

Possibly my only complaint (and it's minor) about "us" is that a lot of other bloggers don't quite get it. I get a lot of comments from visitors who say "Wow. Looks like fun." I have a lot more fun doing this than I would if I were talking about eating ice cream or going to the store for shoes or something.

SQT said...

JR

Thanks for checking out my blog.

Jon

I liked your post today. I bet it is a lot more fun than writing about what you had for lunch. I've kind of committed myself to a different format here but I've been thinking about putting up another blog that's more like yours. Problem is, I'd probably never get anything done.

Irene said...

Thanks for visiting my site. Blog-hopping is great fun, isn't it?

Hope to catch you again soon! c",)